Master Effects PMEQ video clip.

Hey Dave.

Just curious...how long did it take for yours to ship? I ordered mine around the 13th of March and haven’t received shipping notification yet. Not too worried, but, of course I’m jonesing to use it!

Thanks.
T
I think I ordered around 2/22 and got it a week ago

Very cool and even a little bit symbolic. At one time Cameron was the Puppet Master Leper Messiah with a Death Magnetic personality whose blind supporters were always willing to Ride his Lightning rod until the release of the only timely delivery he ever achieved, his Load. Alas, there was Justice For A select few but time bore out the realization that the poor guy is Hardwired to Self Destruct.

Anyway, cool pedal, sounds great!
Well done, you’re “the “Hero Of The Day”.

Yeah, they are great speakers. What’s interesting is I pulled out a cab with original greenback 25’s from 1972 and was floored how much smoother they were than the anniversary H30’s. So different that it sounds like a completely different amp.
Agreed. My first EVH combo 2x12 had China 25 greenbacks, my new combo has H30 70th anniversaries 30w. The amps sound similar, but my first one I EQ’d different on settings, and the response was different. Was way more smooth. Not sure I will keep the H30s in my new one. Might go with a pair of new 25w greenbacks? I get why people like the tighter H30s...

Thought about mixing just one Greenback in it, but the sensitivity difference between the two is like 4db. Might not jive.

Wow that sounds killer Dave!
It sounds much more natural than my Boss EQ200 that I run in the loop for cleans only. When I run the 200 on high gain it sounds kind of like its introducing artifacts into the tone that it does not do on clean tones. I planned on running it for both but that was a bit of a deal breaker. I had read where it was totally transparent, but on kill gain tones that (for lack of a better term). artifacty thing was always there around 1.6-3k.
Can you program the PMEQ for different settings and midi switch it?

Had a G12H30 once. Should have kept it. I would have to use headphones to hear more of the subtleties of the pedal but yeah - the core tone of that Jet City is nice.

It sounds much more natural than my Boss EQ200 that I run in the loop for cleans only. When I run the 200 on high gain it sounds kind of like its introducing artifacts into the tone that it does not do on clean tones. I planned on running it for both but that was a bit of a deal breaker. I had read where it was totally transparent, but on kill gain tones that (for lack of a better term). artifacty thing was always there around 1.6-3k.
Hey Jim 🍏
I think it is all analog. No MIDI or presets.

That sounds KILLER! Dig that company, I love what I've heard of their Marshall 8100 in a box too.

Dobyou have a loop in your old JMP 2203? If so, how does it sound in there?
I sold the 2203… I couldn’t resist the high prices. 🤣

Thx.
Not midi or programmable. It’s true to the original design. It would be killer if they could make it sound the same but he programmable.

Pulsonics are very smooth. Not aggressive. Opposite of black backs.

G12H30 anniversary are pretty much the perfect speaker to me.
I don’t know man, my 72 cab is aggressive when my Trem pushes it. BBs I’ve tried sound flat until pushed, then they wake up. But I’d take many others over the 3 BB cabs I’ve tried. 1963 blues, 65s, 74 RIC Creambacks, 72 1221s and even the 6402 90s reissue I’d put in front of the BBs. Maybe all 3 cabs were worn out? But I had to crank the amp to get nice tone.
My Pulsonic cab is chewier, more articulate and has a killer midrange that is unique. But smooth is not what I’d call it. I have a pair of 1963 Alnico Blues, they are much smoother than my 72.

I don’t know man, my 72 cab is aggressive when my Trem pushes it. BBs I’ve tried sound flat until pushed, then they wake up. But I’d take many others over the 3 BB cabs I’ve tried. 1963 blues, 65s, 74 RIC Creambacks, 72 1221s and even the 6402 90s reissue I’d put in front of the BBs. Maybe all 3 cabs were worn out? But I had to crank the amp to get nice tone.
My Pulsonic cab is chewier, more articulate and has a killer midrange that is unique. But smooth is not what I’d call it. I have a pair of 1963 Alnico Blues, they are much smoother than my 72.
Interesting.

I have a 1968 basket weave cab with Pulsonics. It’s a KILLER sounding cab. But definitely less aggressive than black backs. Mine are 25w also. Maybe yours are 30’s? That would make sense as to why it’s not as smooth sounding.

I have a quad of 78 black back 25’s in a 1972 Marshall cab. That thing sounds ridiculous too. But more upper mid bite, no doubt.

Interesting.

I have a 1968 basket weave cab with Pulsonics. It’s a KILLER sounding cab. But definitely less aggressive than black backs. Mine are 25w also. Maybe yours are 30’s? That would make sense as to why it’s not as smooth sounding.

I have a quad of 78 black back 25’s in a 1972 Marshall cab. That thing sounds ridiculous too. But more upper mid bite, no doubt.
Mine are 003 14 cone 1221s, 75hz 25w 12Ms. I have heard the earlier 20w are smoother; maybe that applied to the early 25s too? Those 20s are so hard to find. I’d maybe trade my blues for a pair.

i just got one of these PEM's. i use it in the loop of my mark IVa combo. as we all know, these small box, 1x12 combos have some "un-dial-out-ables", that gives them major limitations. I normally use a boss ge-7 to scoop some 400hz and a touch of 800, to make the combo more ear pleasting. I replaced the GE-7 with the PEM in my chain, and dialed it to what sounded good to me. I'm not really aiming to copy any particular era of metallicas tone, but they were my favorite band growing up and learning to play, so i naturally gravitate towards their sound. I go for a mix between the punch and sizzle of garage days re-revisited ep, and the balls and thickness of garage inc. the cover albums have my favorite tone. The puppets tone is great, but its got a nasal quality to the mids that i can never really dial in exactly, even with this PEM (although i could have put in more effort to try) The justice tone is too scooped, Ride the lightning's tone is too muddy, The kill em all tone is passable for being amateur hour, the bob rock era metallica tone is god like, but it is a lot of bob rock magic and amp blending.
The settings that i used to sculpt the lead tone to my liking, actually made all the other channels sound a lot better too, which is nice. I kinda like how there are no frequencies printed on the pedal knobs, and you're kinda just turning the knobs until they sound good. I'm not sure i quite understand the concept of high shelf filters, but i seem to like the frequency set almost all the way up and the shelf knob almost all the way down. is that close to being set flat?

No fair! He already knows how to dial in great fucking tone.
Even money says he could walk up to any of our rigs and dial in a better tone than what we already have.
He's a witch!! Burn him!!
Had to bump just to say..Dave, if this face appears at your door you have surpassed human capability of tone.

IMG_0575.jpeg

Back