Mayones?

glip22":21fjnctg said:
Duvell or Setius is best. I had 10 Regius for reference. Great feel but sterile tonally
I’ve not had or tried nearly as many Regius’s as you (owned 2 and tried a 7 string Regius), but I actually liked the last Regius I had better than the Duvell MBC I had and other Duvell’s I tried. Was slightly on the fence of keeping it. It had a pale moon ebony top and fretboard and limba body

The other Regius I had was Ash body/flame maple top and sounded very bright, thin, snappy and kinda brittle, but very tight. Didn’t like that one as much as the Duvell’s

I just got this new yesterday. And it’s perfect in every way.

Attachments

• 9CFC6347-1926-4732-B74D-333FD29C0890.jpeg
    9CFC6347-1926-4732-B74D-333FD29C0890.jpeg
    535.5 KB · Views: 558
I’ve only ever played two Mayones, the Regius and Setius that I own.

I like the sound of the Regius a bit more for all-out metal, but the Setius a bit more for non-metal. It’s a bit more ‘resonant’ and very deep sounding.

They’re pretty different guitars, bolt on vs thru neck, arch top vs flat, they feel and play pretty different. From the differing design and construction of their different models, it seems like it’s hard to compare them. I’ve never tried a duvell but I’d bet it’s unlike either of the Mayones I have. Not surprising if someone likes one model and dislikes another.

I got this Mayo about a year and half/two years ago and it's been the best guitar I've ever owned/played. The Balaguer next to it is right up there though tbh...killer killer guitar.

5lhe3Yyl.jpg

JUedITYl.jpg

hEqG10jl.jpg

EdM8yOvl.jpg

I love Mayones. I had a custom one built about 10 years ago and always regretted selling, I still search for it from time to time in hopes that someone somewhere is selling, I’d buy it back in a heartbeat.

Check out Skervesen, I’ve purchased 3 custom builds from Skervesen and they are very similar to Mayones in a lot of ways. The dudes who started Skervesen were ex-Mayones employees that ventured out on their own.

I can definitely understand the "sterile" notes from folks. I also agree that they're a great platform for whatever pickup you choose. I love my Regius 7 and have a Duvell Elite 6 on the way. The fit, finish, and playability is incredible.

Replaced the SD's with Bareknuckle Silos on a whim--very impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 45B578B9-E584-4BE3-BB15-8DC22B131BBF.JPG
    45B578B9-E584-4BE3-BB15-8DC22B131BBF.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 207
Back