Mesa 16 ohm V30 vs marshall vintage 16ohm

There is a rabbit hole V30 comparison video posted not to long ago. The guy did the most scientific comparison possible. It's hard to know exactly what they will sound like based on the T number alone.

I have had a variety of 16 ohm singles. Right now I have a Mesa 16 ohm and a "regular" 16 ohm in a 212 cab. Compared to my Mesa Stiletto 412 it has more highs and less mids which is due to impedance. I do not have a favorite, it really depends on the guitar, amp, and volume.

@VESmedic - some filthy tones you got there. :yes: I thought the Mesa clip was better but I may be biased as that's what is in my Mesa Traditional cab.

There is a rabbit hole V30 comparison video posted not to long ago. The guy did the most scientific comparison possible. It's hard to know exactly what they will sound like based on the T number alone.

I have had a variety of 16 ohm singles. Right now I have a Mesa 16 ohm and a "regular" 16 ohm in a 212 cab. Compared to my Mesa Stiletto 412 it has more highs and less mids which is due to impedance. I do not have a favorite, it really depends on the guitar, amp, and volume.
I think the video you are thinking of was done by a user here...shouldn't be too hard to find.

@VESmedic - some filthy tones you got there. :yes: I thought the Mesa clip was better but I may be biased as that's what is in my Mesa Traditional cab.

I think the video you are thinking of was done by a user here...shouldn't be too hard to find.
You got a 16 ohm Mesa Trad cab? I bet that sounds sick.

Mesa felt a bit smoother, but other than that I struggle with articulating differences.

Literally planning on buying one of these two in a few weeks...ugh

Back