Mesa DR/TR Reissues have detroyed resale of F/G Rectos

Why, people really paid 10K for a Mesa Boogie?
There are guys that bought at the top of the market, trying to convince everyone that "they aren't ever gonna get any cheaper!". Those guys are now trying to sell those amps and can't.
 
Mesa is at the lowest point in sales in decades. Good luck selling any used 100 watt amp. That market is about gone.

I only played on one reissue Dual for about a hour. I thought it sounded pretty different from any of the vintage 2 channel amps. The voicing was very changed. I did not have a vintage amp there to do a direct comparison. I was using a cab and guitar I was not familiar with. So not a real evaluation.
I am curious what the sales are like for big tube amps right now.
 
I haven't seen anything decent for sale locally for over a year....just the odd jcm 900 and dsl ( new ones)
 
Do you think the same could be said for the iic+?(especially the tone being marginally better)

Yeah I definitely think so. Especially since those amps were reaching $15k which I think is absolutely bonkers.

The only thing is that they had an issue with oscillation. Not sure if every amp had that but it was definitely a thing as I saw quite a few posts with examples of it hapening. Not sure if that was corrected by Mesa or not.
 
What language is this?

english-motherfucker-977671990.gif
 
The only thing is that they had an issue with oscillation. Not sure if every amp had that but it was definitely a thing as I saw quite a few posts with examples of it hapening. Not sure if that was corrected by Mesa or not.
There's a guy on YouTube (also here?) that both figured out a fix and how to tweak a thing or two so that the RI sounds practically identical to the originals. I forget the username, but you could probably find the thread pretty easy.
 
There's a guy on YouTube (also here?) that both figured out a fix and how to tweak a thing or two so that the RI sounds practically identical to the originals. I forget the username, but you could probably find the thread pretty easy.
DanVal iirc
 
Yeah I definitely think so. Especially since those amps were reaching $15k which I think is absolutely bonkers.

The only thing is that they had an issue with oscillation. Not sure if every amp had that but it was definitely a thing as I saw quite a few posts with examples of it hapening. Not sure if that was corrected by Mesa or not.

It's a ground loop in the reverb that causes oscillation at extreme settings. You can either unplug the reverb tank or move a wire to fix it.
 

Similar threads

A
Replies
23
Views
7K
napalmdeath
napalmdeath
A
Replies
13
Views
5K
Beandust
B
A
Replies
8
Views
3K
maxguitars
M
Back
Top