Mesa Factory Repair Costs?

Salty Cracker

Just wondering what some of the factory repair costs have been for those who send an amp to boogie. Just a basic what was wrong, and what the tab to fix it was. Thanks!

I sent in a Mark IVA Rackmount after I bought it for inspection and refresh. Back in 2012 it cost me $350, I hand delivered as I lived in SoCal

I sent in a Mark IVA Rackmount after I bought it for inspection and refresh. Back in 2012 it cost me $350, I hand delivered as I lived in SoCal
wow 350 and you didn't ship it? did they recap it at least for that much? its been a while since i have, but i've send at least 4 amps to them over the years. it was always reasonable, it was just the shipping both ways that killed me. i'm in Mi. One time they even fixed a blue angel for me (replaced the whole main board) and just charged me shipping because the problem (that stupid epoxied rectangle thingy on the original BA board failed)was their fault.

wow 350 and you didn't ship it? did they recap it at least for that much? its been a while since i have, but i've send at least 4 amps to them over the years. it was always reasonable, it was just the shipping both ways that killed me. i'm in Mi. One time they even fixed a blue angel for me (replaced the whole main board) and just charged me shipping because the problem (that stupid epoxied rectangle thingy on the original BA board failed)was their fault.
The guy that shipped it to me had it fairly loose in the box and didn’t remove the tubes. So all the tubes were broke. So all new tubes, refresh all the board circuits and test.

Almost 10 years ago I sent a mark 3 to them for a recap and checkup. Parts and labor (with tubes) shipped both ways from Chicago was under $500. I don't remember the exact amount. 6 years ago I sent a tremoverb in for bad optos, recap, tubes and checkup. $570 shipped both ways.

The guy that shipped it to me had it fairly loose in the box and didn’t remove the tubes. So all the tubes were broke. So all new tubes, refresh all the board circuits and test.
ooooh ok. full retube is like 200 bucks right there, so now that number sounds right. few labor hours, some nickel and dime small components, possible recap, etc. thats reasonable. they have all the parts and know how, so its always your best option.

ooooh ok. full retube is like 200 bucks right there, so now that number sounds right. few labor hours, some nickel and dime small components, possible recap, etc. thats reasonable. they have all the parts and know how, so its always your best option.
Indeed, had no issue with the price. The drive from Victorville to Hollywood was about an hour each way times two trips. Worth it.

For $400 you can have a head wiring like new again . I think that’s fair for these days

For $400 you can have a head wiring like new again . I think that’s fair for these days
You would think they would just pop the board, put a new one in , test it and ship it back. I would think it would be cheaper than having a factory tech poking around, although I guess they have seen everything.

You would think they would just pop the board, put a new one in , test it and ship it back. I would think it would be cheaper than having a factory tech poking around, although I guess they have seen everything.
I meant working like new now that I see it . But ya the heads are like new after wards . Compared to other prices these I think it’s fair , my mk 3 green stripe was totally shot and no techs around here could fix it so I’m happy to see it soon

I have sent in a few amps out to Petaluma and have been surprised at price being so low, I think $90.00 an hour, but they charged me for like 3/4 of an hour to do something I thought would take 2 hours minimum.

Shipping is a bitch but at least the work is done correctly and every local amp repairman that gets a Boogie in is never happy about it. Never.

You're crazy to not send it to Boogie

im not sure what the current prices are but about 10 years ago they used to charge 75 flat plus parts. The last thing i had boogie work on was a triaxis. they tore it apart and rebuild it for under $200. Their prices have always been great and worth whatever they charge now.

I just sent an amp in for a recap and general servicing/cleaning, I just got my invoice the other day. Shop Labor rate is $110/hr, but that was for Mike B. Parts were as cheap as $1-4. They don't rake you through the coals too much. Shipping was $160 fully insured, which was close to how much I spent on shipping/insurance to send it out. I'm right at $500.

Back