Mesa Mark IIC+ prices?

I’ve had all the boogies! Listen up, the quad preamp is the amp that you want, the absolute best sounding boogie product ever made, hands-down. ( for metal )
My memories of the quad are how expansive but tight the low end was on palm mutes, the incredible note definition at even the most obscene gain levels and how the Kemper couldn't get even close to profiling it accurately.

It’s absolutely nuts. Not even close to worth it right now to me. Especially considering you can get 95 percent of the way there with a III, or whatever iteration for a 1/4 of the price. There’s way better amps out there for less IMO.

Annnnnnnnd the 3 sounds way better :). This whole thing is by far the stupidest tone/amp chase on earth to me. The 2c+ prices are the dumbest thing I’ve absolutely ever seen.

No.

I'm sure the 500 is killer...haven't played one myself. But, I did own a 400 for a while. The 400 is a simpler circuit; in my experience, simpler = better tone.
Metallica used the S400 forever...they could have easily switched to 500s. But they didn't.
Why you let your 400 go? They are unobtainium now.

Last edited:
Annnnnnnnd the 3 sounds way better :). This whole thing is by far the stupidest tone/amp chase on earth to me. The 2c+ prices are the dumbest thing I’ve absolutely ever seen.
No, not even close. If you value note definition, clarity, and feel the III in ANY iteration can't wipe a 2C+s ass. The IIIs are harsh city, in the mids/highs vs a 2B or a 2C. Had 3 of them. Got rid of them quickly. A III Coli may be closer...

But, the prices are insane... I agree with that. Then again, people are paying it so why would anyone lower the price?
It is what it is.

I’ve had all the boogies! Listen up, the quad preamp is the amp that you want, the absolute best sounding boogie product ever made, hands-down. ( for metal )
I had one… modded with the ++ mod. I even had Mike do a GEQ isolation mod to use it with anything I wanted.

No, not even close. If you value note definition, clarity, and feel the III in ANY iteration can't wipe a 2C+s ass. The IIIs are harsh city, in the mids/highs vs a 2B or a 2C. Had 3 of them. Got rid of them quickly. A III Coli may be closer...

But, the prices are insane... I agree with that. Then again, people are paying it so why would anyone lower the price?
It is what it is.

Oh dude 100 percent agreed, I’m not knocking capitalism, make that money. But, it’s still god damn stupid, and we can still laugh. And the seller can laugh all the way to the bank, more power to him!

Oh dude 100 percent agreed, I’m not knocking capitalism, make that money. But, it’s still god damn stupid, and we can still laugh. And the seller can laugh all the way to the bank, more power to him!
I don find my III harsh personally. If anything it’s the most god damn brutal amp I’ve ever played through including my Cameron aldrich.

I don find my III harsh personally. If anything it’s the most god damn brutal amp I’ve ever played through including my Cameron aldrich.
I've only had 2 DRG IIIs, a purple and a Red stripe. They both had that harsh thing. But, your amp I'd bet doesn't have it...the very last 2B Coli I had(that Mike made into a C+) was more Mk III-like than II...very tight, tons of gain and smooth not harsh. Those Coli power sections are amazeballs.

It's because it's + modded. That smooths it out a LOT. Stock, blue stripes are tinnitus City.

Now picture this- IIC+ Colis are even louder with a beefier power section and IIB Colis even more loud & more brutal than that due to no negative feedback and a more raw gain structure.

Its pretty dependent on specs. A 105PT DRG is probably on the higher end of the range (still sitting around 10ish), whereas it looks like SRG/SGs are selling around 5-6k

It's because it's + modded. That smooths it out a LOT. Stock, blue stripes are tinnitus City.

Now picture this- IIC+ Colis are even louder with a beefier power section and IIB Colis even more loud & more brutal than that due to no negative feedback and a more raw gain structure.
Why not mod the IIC+ and III to no NFB?

who knows Tina? whats the deal with Ivy??

Df3bWHW.jpg

What does this mod entail?
It turns the GEQ into a pedal. It isolates it with an input and output jack. Like Hetfield did in his big rack before Mike b made him a stereo GEQ. Here is a pic of the stereo GEQ Mike B made. If you look carefully, I was running one side into the other. The sound was insane. Biggest wall of sound. If you over did it, the speakers would howl in a way I never heard before.

1685498085313.jpeg

Back