Mesa recto/Mk3 stereo rig completed.

RJF

I had an extra dual head road case and decided to put together another stereo setup. Not considering the cost of the heads, right under $1000.

1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier rev F
Mesa Mark III green stripe long head
Furman M-8dx
TC Electronic Gmajor 2
TS808 reissue
GCX switcher
GCX Ground Control
Affordable road case

Right now I run it through my two Diezel 412F's with V30's, but will start looking out for a pair of older Mesa metal grille front load 412 cabs. Sounds GREAT, no phasing issues luckily and some moderate ground loop hum that is not too bad, but plan to work on that too.

Clean is done by the Mark 3. Dirty clean done by mk3 and metal crunch with both amps is completely dry with no signal passing through the G major. Just guitar, TS808, amps. After that lots of patches utilizing ping pong delays, panning tremolo, tri chorus, among other effects.

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    528.4 KB · Views: 2,545
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    490.5 KB · Views: 2,549
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    682.6 KB · Views: 2,550
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 2,548
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    663.1 KB · Views: 2,549
I unfortunately don't have the ability to record yet. That's a whole new challenge. :aww:

when you figure out easy clip recording please let me know how it's done because I want to start doing some

rottingcorpse":36gpv21n said:
Way cool backup to the diezel rig.lol

That would be many players dream rig.

I gotta get me some road cases.
I actually yanked the GM2 out of my Diezel rig so I could finish the Mesa rig. But, I have a G Force out for delivery today, to go into the Diezel rig.

Wow, low end and low mid punch of the recto with the tight saturated higher mids of a Mark III. That's got to be a massive tone!?

I've been wanting to get a stereo rig going, but everytime i try i get a loud ground loop hum, really frustrating! How do you remedy this? what splitter/aby box do you use that doesn't cause these ground loops??

You read my mind! I had way too many phasing issues trying to blend my pittbull/recto, unless they were recorded separately. Since, I have always wanted to try a mark/recto blend. I'm very envious

anomaly":2m0jyun1 said:
Wow, low end and low mid punch of the recto with the tight saturated higher mids of a Mark III. That's got to be a massive tone!?

I've been wanting to get a stereo rig going, but everytime i try i get a loud ground loop hum, really frustrating! How do you remedy this? what splitter/aby box do you use that doesn't cause these ground loops??
Yes, it sounds awesome to say the least. I do have a ground hum though. I got lucky with my Diezel stereo rig and the ground hum is so faint, I could hardly care. But, the Mesa rig is a bit louder and I fully intend to kill it. Anybody have a recommendation? I might try one of those hum X eliminators.

I have no phasing issues, luckily. My Diezel rig does, CH3 of the Herbert is out of phase with ch3 of my VH4, but thats not a problem since I love ch2 on the Herbert and it is in phase with ch3 of VH4, sounds great.

Badronald":1vc1ndsa said:
"Backup rig"? That's funny. :scared:

Congrats, I bet that sounds KILLER. :rock:
Not really a back up rig, just something to put together for fun. I don't play anywhere but home, being in bands is not my thing. I really enjoyed the hunt for good deals on the stuff to do it, and getting everything put together.

I like to take things apart, and put them back together, build things, etc. I'm a mechanic and fabricator for a living, so makes sense I guess. :)

RJF":8kqmevtq said:
Badronald":8kqmevtq said:
"Backup rig"? That's funny. :scared:

Congrats, I bet that sounds KILLER. :rock:
Not really a back up rig, just something to put together for fun. I don't play anywhere but home, being in bands is not my thing. I really enjoyed the hunt for good deals on the stuff to do it, and getting everything put together.

I like to take things apart, and put them back together, build things, etc. I'm a mechanic and fabricator for a living, so makes sense I guess. :)

I was referencing rottingcorpse's comment.

RJF":22gil1y1 said:
anomaly":22gil1y1 said:

Yes, it sounds awesome to say the least. I do have a ground hum though. I got lucky with my Diezel stereo rig and the ground hum is so faint, I could hardly care. But, the Mesa rig is a bit louder and I fully intend to kill it. Anybody have a recommendation? I might try one of those hum X eliminators.

Hi RJF,

as the GCX doesn't have a galvanic split, it's common you recognize hum loops. We offer the LEHLE P-SPLIT II, a passive splitter with one direct output and one isolated (you could use between the GCX and one of your amps).
Check it here: http://lehle.com/EN/Lehle-P-Split-II
Or better: the LEHLE DUAL SGoS, which you can integrate with midi sync.
http://lehle.com/EN/Lehle-Dual-SGoS

If you have questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Joki

lehlesupport":3fz8dynj said:
RJF":3fz8dynj said:
anomaly":3fz8dynj said:

Hi RJF,

as the GCX doesn't have a galvanic split, it's common you recognize hum loops. We offer the LEHLE P-SPLIT II, a passive splitter with one direct output and one isolated (you could use between the GCX and one of your amps).

Joki

^^^^ agree. the passive p-split is the way to go. control fixed phasing issues too. i don't pass any front end audio through my GCX. FX loop send/return only and use it for channel changing.

lehlesupport":1ugzw79s said:
RJF":1ugzw79s said:
anomaly":1ugzw79s said:

Hi RJF,

Joki
I see the P split 2 is about $170. I am thinking I will order up at least one, and try it on this Mesa rig first. Looks like that might be the way to go.

Back