Mesa Recto Multi-watt vs two channel recto.

endofall

So I had a chance to play a 2011 Mesa mulitwatt against my revision g two channel rectifier that has been modded to revision C specs. All of the videos of the mulitwatt are beyond impressive and sound great, however in person I was not impressed at all with this mulitwatt. It was very bright and very fizzy, much more than my g/revision C modded rectifier. It was so fizzy and nothing we could do would dial it out without making the amp muddy. We even swapped power tubes to make sure that wasn’t an issue, but didn’t get into swapping preamp tubes. Is this normal or was it possibly just the amp?

I had a Multiwatt with a black checkerplate panel. Great amp. I didn't notice it was overly bright and fizzy. I only sold it as I own a SLO and I prefer Marks when it comes to Boogies.

I have a multiwatt, but my issue is quite the opposite. My bassist hates when I bring it to the rehearsal space because it is so low end heavy that he feels like he’s fighting me for the low frequencies. Lol.

A friend who owes me money is shipping a dual rectifier. I have no idea which it but he said it was bought in 2010 off someone , so I’m excited to see it and see how it compares to the way you guys describe them . I have mark series so rectifier is a new world for me . I did have a tremoverb on trade as well but heard it was different than a regular rectifier.

I have a multiwatt, but my issue is quite the opposite. My bassist hates when I bring it to the rehearsal space because it is so low end heavy that he feels like he’s fighting me for the low frequencies. Lol.
1st of all, you don't own anybody and he is his own bass guitar player.LOL!!, just kiiddin' dude!
However,it sounds like he needs a boost pedal with a mid control to raise those frequencies so his bass guitar will "taunt up".
For you and that mean ass rectifier..tighten it up!
Those bottom end frequencies will eat YOUR ass now man!!,
ESPECIALLY if you strut around town calling him
your owned' bass guitarist.
"Elbow deep within the borderline"...yep, here comes that punch!
LTFOL!!, the labywrinth of lunacy never ends!!!!

Back