Midi Channel Switching on an Eleven Rack

zepplin490

Ok here's the deal I know nothing about midi but I and going to try to run my eleven rack as a preamp, I have already hooked it up a few times and ran it through my poweramp and it sounds great so im looking for something to switch between my custom presets, Im a total midiot and although I pretty much know what im looking for I also dont know how to actually program a midi footswitch. I know how to do it with my Randall Mts heads and their midi footswitch's which basically involves switching to the channel through the button on the head and then pressing down on whatever switch I want to switch I want to use to change to that channel. Is it that simple on a much more complicated device such as the Eleven Rack? I would probably want a footswitch that could change between at least 6 minimum and 8 maximum.
thanks
-mp-

There are several MIDI controllers that will work, but I use a Ground Control Pro with my 11R. I have mine setup so that I have four banks, each with four presets (four different amp models each with a preset for clean, crunch, distortion and lead). I can select any of the four presets with a single button (1 - 4) and then use the up/down buttons to go to a different bank. Configuring it that way leaves me with 8 buttons to control the 8 loops on a GCX. These are used to switch stomp boxes and rack effects into the signal path. A Ground Control Pro will come up for sale on here about once a month if you are looking to buy used. I bought mine new at Sweetwater for $325 during a Gear Fest sale (they usually go for $399 new).

The setup needed to get to what I do with mine is pretty straightforward. You might find these videos helpful...

If you want total ease of configuring a midi setup then buy a behringer fcb 1010 and buy the uno chip, install that and buy the fcb uno editor software and program your footcontroller from youre pc while looking in youre 11 rack manual to find the cc and pc values.

Good stuff guys! thanks for the advice I too shop alot at sweetwater they have the best customer service out of any of the big online retailers, I love having one sales agent who knows me by name, knows what equipment i have and is generally a cool dude, I also like the monthly check up calls asking me how im liking my gear and if theres anything i need and him actualy having suggestions on things that could improve my rigs, its also great to be able to haggle 15 or 20 bucks off your purchase:)
Its Great to see that some of you are using the 11R live, now that ive really dug into mine its become obvious that it can hang with any great preamp out there! Gonna call up Mark at sweetwater (X1221 if you wanna talk to a great guy) and ask him about a midi controller for my 11r!
-mp-

zepplin490":1eehk638 said:
Good stuff guys! thanks for the advice I too shop alot at sweetwater they have the best customer service out of any of the big online retailers, I love having one sales agent who knows me by name, knows what equipment i have and is generally a cool dude, I also like the monthly check up calls asking me how im liking my gear and if theres anything i need and him actualy having suggestions on things that could improve my rigs, its also great to be able to haggle 15 or 20 bucks off your purchase:)
Its Great to see that some of you are using the 11R live, now that ive really dug into mine its become obvious that it can hang with any great preamp out there! Gonna call up Mark at sweetwater (X1221 if you wanna talk to a great guy) and ask him about a midi controller for my 11r!
-mp-
If it's Mark Magdich, tell him Mark Nelson recommended the Ground Control Pro.

You might also ask him if it will be on sale during Gear Fest - that's only a couple of weeks away...

I used a Rocktron Midi Mate with mine and it worked great! At the time I was also a midi-ot; however, I found the Midi Mate fairly easy to program and it worked flawlessly with the Eleven Rack. The Midi Mate allows for both PC and CC changes in the Eleven Rack, thus you can change channels/presets (PC) and also switch individual effects (CC) on and off as well. I even had one button set-up for just the tuner as well.

IndyWS6":29x8txo7 said:
There are several MIDI controllers that will work, but I use a Ground Control Pro with my 11R. I have mine setup so that I have four banks, each with four presets (four different amp models each with a preset for clean, crunch, distortion and lead). I can select any of the four presets with a single button (1 - 4) and then use the up/down buttons to go to a different bank. Configuring it that way leaves me with 8 buttons to control the 8 loops on a GCX. These are used to switch stomp boxes and rack effects into the signal path. A Ground Control Pro will come up for sale on here about once a month if you are looking to buy used. I bought mine new at Sweetwater for $325 during a Gear Fest sale (they usually go for $399 new).

The setup needed to get to what I do with mine is pretty straightforward. You might find these videos helpful...

Yeah I was looking at that exact model and it looks like the solution, How hard is the progamming? Im a midiot!
-mp-

zepplin490":1plzxfwx said:
IndyWS6":1plzxfwx said:

Yeah I was looking at that exact model and it looks like the solution, How hard is the progamming? Im a midiot!
-mp-
The GCP is simple to set up and program :yes: Takes about 15-20 minutes to get use to it.

Back