Modern Classic best settings for both clean and overdrive...

lespaul6

i'm still experimenting with the best possible settings of the EQ for a good Demartini rhythm tone and nice clean when I switch over... what are you guys using in a live situation?

What guitar are you using? And cab/speakers?
I prefer the Lo Gain input. It has a little more sag and is rounder in the top end. With humbuckers it'd be something like this.
Pres:3
All eqs: 7-8
Lead Master-above 2.5 if possible/no boost
Lead Gain-Pull:8,
Rhythm/Clean- No boost. Volume:4ish
That's using Scumback M75's which have a thicker greenback tone.

BAN-ONE":2vkqkqqw said:
What guitar are you using? And cab/speakers?
I prefer the Lo Gain input. It has a little more sag and is rounder in the top end. With humbuckers it'd be something like this.
Pres:3
All eqs: 7-8
Lead Master-above 2.5 if possible/no boost
Lead Gain-Pull:8,
Rhythm/Clean- No boost. Volume:4ish
That's using Scumback M75's which have a thicker greenback tone.

Well we are about the same except for the presence..lol which I keep at 12 noon. I have a lower/med output pearly gates humbucker in the bridge of a strat. I use vintage 30's. I like high end. I like the sound a razor blade on the strings for the low E and A etc.. string zing! I do not like the jj preamp tubes in this thing, makes it darker than I prefer.. I'm going to get some chinese 12ax7's asap to brighten things further. I normally play a stock 2203 with an overdrive so the mega bass and expanded bandwidth of the wizard is taking some getting used too!

Took me a while too. I had SLO before it which was ace, owned it for 7 years. The Wizard is sensational once you "adjust accordingly".. :thumbsup:

Back