Mooer Noise Killer anyone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zado
  • Start date Start date
Zado

Zado

Well-known member
Is it decent enough? I don't expect it to be on par with the ISP Decimator being less than half the price, but I just have to get rid of some heavy noise due to gain pedal stacking and I want to get something under 100€.

Thanks!
 
You can a used name brand pedal for around that I feel. I see a Revv G8 for around $129 if you want a key input type gate.
 
I have one for a few years, but haven't used it for a few years either...I think I put it in storage, and plan to look for it later today.

I recall it worked well for my needs at the time or I would have purchased something else...but it's been awhile. I paid $68 for it in 2022, FWIW.
 
I honestly would rather pick up a used MXR noise gate or clamp.

Much better quality and cost a song for what it's worth used.
 
Right on if it works they aren't bad and IMO utility wise and function wise never had issues just always felt IMO the quality ain't the best but for the money it's what you get. Not all that bad in that perspective but I feel for a bit more it's better to with something like Boss/MXR. Especially used in this case.
 
Last edited:
Princess Smash is upset :yes:
Wait..oh...i see... You thought i was talking about you...

That's crazy

2453.png
 
Got my Mooer Noise Killer out of my pedal storage, and put it at the end of my pedal chain before my amp.


It works great for me, and I'm using a strat with stock single coils and an always on, nearly cranked germanium fuzz face which is the source of my noise...if I turn the FF off I don't need a noise gate.
 
Got my Mooer Noise Killer out of my pedal storage, and put it at the end of my pedal chain before my amp.


It works great for me, and I'm using a strat with stock single coils and an always on, nearly cranked germanium fuzz face which is the source of my noise...if I turn the FF off I don't need a noise gate.
Dude here actually uses these and he always gives great advice. If he says it's good stuff it's good stuff 👍
 
Thanks everyone for your replies! I'll keep an eye on used, higher end stuff and see if something "better" pops up. The Mooer is tempting tho.
Thing is, my gain pedals are mostly silent alone, it's the stacking that triggers the (very annoying) noise, but that's likely due to the 1Spot+ Daisy Chain power supply I got when I sold all my pricey stuff when I stopped playing with bands.
Now things are gettin interesting again, but I'm not sure I want to shell out 200-300€ for an isolated Cioks with no guarantee the project will be fulfilled, so keeping it cheap is mandatory at the moment.
 
Noise killer doesn't work for me at all, the treshold works really bad. Not any close to a Decimator. For filtering noise is Boss NS-2 much better. Gates works better in loop. My favourite affordable gate is Pigtronix gatekeeper micro.
Not necessary to shell out 300E for Cioks. Harley Benton ISO works great great, and good power supply is really basic of noiseless pedalboard.
 
Noise killer doesn't work for me at all, the treshold works really bad. Not any close to a Decimator. For filtering noise is Boss NS-2 much better. Gates works better in loop. My favourite affordable gate is Pigtronix gatekeeper micro.
Not necessary to shell out 300E for Cioks. Harley Benton ISO works great great, and good power supply is really basic of noiseless pedalboard.
Thanks for your reply. At the moment I mostly use amps with no loop (or very bad ones), so it'd basically go at the end of the chain. First time I hear about the Pigtronix, looks like a nice lil stomp, will definitely consider it.
Problem with isolated power supplies is that my current board (Palmer Pedalbay 40), while quite large, has a very small housing underneath, and it doens't fit many PS units that feat more than 6 pedals. There actually is an aftermarket power supply (not sure if isolated tho) that can be used as pedalboard replacement part, but many say it doesnt really fit the board itself (which is ridiculous being from the same brand) and you gotta drill and shit, which is assle I want to avoid.
 
Thanks everyone for your replies! I'll keep an eye on used, higher end stuff and see if something "better" pops up. The Mooer is tempting tho.
Thing is, my gain pedals are mostly silent alone, it's the stacking that triggers the (very annoying) noise, but that's likely due to the 1Spot+ Daisy Chain power supply I got when I sold all my pricey stuff when I stopped playing with bands.
Now things are gettin interesting again, but I'm not sure I want to shell out 200-300€ for an isolated Cioks with no guarantee the project will be fulfilled, so keeping it cheap is mandatory at the moment.
If you have a couple low ma analog units you can always get something like Voodoo Labs 4 or CIOKS 4 to power the stuff and daisy chain without noise added. Switching is just the best now and little to no noise floor thanks to the filtering and takes a bunch of noise floor out especially if you play louder. Fender Engine Rooms aren't bad either or the True Tone stuff is pretty good too.


But IME a good noise gate helps a lot as well especially when you're stacking and cascading a couple pedals on top of an already cooked amp it's a godsend from heaven when used right.
 
I'm thinking of getting a better power solution like an isolated power strip with filtering vs a better noise gate or pedal power supply.

I need to power my amp or Royalist pedal, a wah, and a univibe. I can also use it for other gear, like my Helix and FRFR; VP4 + Royalist, etc.

Isolating everything should take care of the noise at the sources.
 
@Zado

Have you seen the ISP deci-mate?

The mooer stuff i've had has been okay, but half of them have broken with even minor gigging use just FYI. Sounded/worked fine though.

The decimate is a much, much better built product and still quite cheap.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top