Mooer Preamp Live - cheap Kemper?

Thanks for the answer. I'm half considering selling my Helix LT getting one of these- I have Helix native already, and I'm really only using the modeling on the LT to ape my fireball 100. If the preamp live does that as well or better at a lower cost and smaller footprint, it's right up my alley.

Another question- I was just digging up info on the GE-200 and saw your posts in that thread, how would you say the modeling on that unit stacks up to the preamp live? Semi interested in it for the same reasons, and I believe it does a couple other things I use the helix for- USB recording and recording wet and dry signals simultaneously.

I'm really interested in this preamp. How close it gets compare to a Kemper to an actual amp sound?
Can it load profiles from other people? If you don't wanna profile does it give you an option to tweak the existing amp models in it (with Kemper you rather look for a different profile then tweaking one ).

indespise":r5kt1tis said:
Another question- I was just digging up info on the GE-200 and saw your posts in that thread, how would you say the modeling on that unit stacks up to the preamp live? Semi interested in it for the same reasons, and I believe it does a couple other things I use the helix for- USB recording and recording wet and dry signals simultaneously.

Wasn’t me don’t have and never played Ge- 2 hundo

nakoshoko":2abkqwv5 said:
I'm really interested in this preamp. How close it gets compare to a Kemper to an actual amp sound?
Can it load profiles from other people? If you don't wanna profile does it give you an option to tweak the existing amp models in it (with Kemper you rather look for a different profile then tweaking one ).

I dunno dude that’s a subjective question and also people keep saying this tone capturing is just an eq match compared to what a Kemper profile is. At the end of the day to me whatever it is it feels and sounds great. Yes you can just tweak one of their 50 preamps and get good tones that way too and supposedly there will be a way to share captures thru their website. Have not seen that. To me it serves the same purpose on what I used with the Kemper because I camped out on 1 or 2 sounds and not the 900 profiles I had. Clearly though it’s no swipe towards Kemper I used one for over 4 years and it and the company were fantastic.

Had three of the micro and the ge-200, their profiling is great, just dont expect tube amps, into tube amps they roxk. The 001 into my hagen fx loop could be dialed SO close it was great.

All the modeling across the product range is identical dont fall for the copy, same software period.

Back