Most organic mojo pedal EQ - GE-10?

Another cool eq (although probably priced way too high) is the Rockman guitar eq. That was one I shoukd have kept.

In case anyone is still interested I have now this green Big Jam EQ pedal as well as their vintage delay/reverb and octaver pedal. They all have the same vibe: very organic like you said, very warm, vintage/old school, dark, but also kinda lo-fi, soft and weak/not muscle-y. They’re all cool pedals that I’ll keep for now, but I still prefer my vintage blue mxr & Boss GE-10 Graphic EQ’s. They have way more range in the eq, sound way more solid, punchy, hi-fi and still pretty organic to me (the mxr more so). The big jam is nice for cleans, but for high gain it’s the other 2 for me

The Big Jam Delay/Reverb is decent for a pedal, but sounds like trash vs the ‘70’s Furman RV-1. The Octave pedal has some interesting sounds in there. Lo-Fi in a cool way
Cool. My friend had the Big Jam EQ in the late 80's and he lost it by the early 90's, so it's been over 30 years since I tried it. I'm glad my memory of it was somewhat accurate :giggle: Maybe those pedals have sonically aged, in the decades since.

Cool. My friend had the Big Jam EQ in the late 80's and he lost it by the early 90's, so it's been over 30 years since I tried it. I'm glad my memory of it was somewhat accurate :giggle: Maybe those pedals have sonically aged, in the decades since.
I’ve wondered about that age part. I wasn’t born yet when that vintage stuff came out, so I wonder sometimes if those complaints about some gear pieces being “too bright” had more validity when they were new/fresh. If that’s true, I don’t even wanna know how an early ‘70’s Marshall would’ve sounded like back then LOL

The MXR 10 band (the old blue one) is a great pedal, especially if you hand it over to Dave Friedman first for some mods to kill some noise.

Back