Most overrated amp ever... pick 1!

Without being a blowhard pedal booster, please explain to us all why you think the IIC+ sucks. Are you mad that the Black Album book debunked your Bob Rock bad memory theory? I actually don’t think you hate the IIC+. You are the dude that just has to be the contrarian about it. That’s weird. Were you bullied or abused as a child? The amp is iconic for a reason. For many it’s perfect. Anywho, just curious where your vitriol for an amplifier comes from. Strange to say the least. Do you still stand by your dramatic diatribe quoting the aging Bob, only to have Hetfield, Hammett, and Fidleman say that it was a IIC++?
Wonder who's stems he'll use for his KSR CLIPZZZ? lol

It’s because it’s not his own opinion. It’s the opinion of Mark Lewis and I guess he must have the same opinion as the cool producer guy.

I’ve seen Mark Lewis talk about the IIC+ in different forums and VESmedic’s words is basically copy and paste. I actually thought VES was Mark Lewis when I first joined the forum because he said the exact same things.
He has been known to plagiarize a thing or two.

I guess amps can be overrated in the sense of them being overpriced or too unobtainable (Blueface, IIC+, Rev C, Hermansson, Dumble, Gjika, etc.), but they at least deliver in having a special sound no other amps can do the same way

Overrated in my book is an amp with lots of demand that isn’t warranted based on the quality of its sound. I don’t wanna disrespect guy’s here that like some amps with some of my findings for that, but one I can more safely say is Fortin. I tried a Natas and Meshuggah and they were decent at best. Neither to me sounded like an amp worth $3k or more

Last edited:
I guess amps can be overrated in the sense of them being overpriced or too unobtainable (Blueface, IIC+, Rev C, Hermansson, Dumble, Gjika, etc.), but they at least deliver in having a special sound no other amps can do the same way

Overrated in my book is an amp with lots of demand that isn’t warranted based on the quality of its sound. I don’t wanna disrespect guy’s here that like some amps with some of my findings for that, but one I can more safely say is Fortin. I tried a Natas and Meshuggah and they were decent at best. Neither to me sounded like an amp worth $3k or more
Another 'funny' point to make is when guys hate on a certain amp....yet it's clear they've actually never even PLAYED said amp...in fact, they've probably never even seen one in the wild. And, only go on 'da clipzzzz' because that's their only source for their opinion. Instead of asking guys here what they sound like, or what makes them special. Lol

Another 'funny' point to make is when guys hate on a certain amp....yet it's clear they've actually never even PLAYED said amp...in fact, they've probably never even seen one in the wild. And, only go on 'da clipzzzz' because that's their only source for their opinion. Instead of asking guys here what they sound like, or what makes them special. Lol
Yeah that stuff is just interference to scroll past for what the OP’s wanna know and doesn’t add real value to the threads

yeah this is it for me. In The example of my IIc++ I own. Yeah, it’s a badass amp, I’ve never said anything otherwise about it. But would I ever pay anywhere north of 7k for one? Absolutely not. My deal worked out where I got it for 3500 so I’m totally good with that.

I also have a family and know that me playing in my basement right now, and the little mixing and reamping I do; I don’t need all the shit I have lol. I’m not a millionaire, or a single guy so I’m pretty conscious about where I spend my money because I’d like to retire at some point.

yeah this is it for me. In The example of my IIc++ I own. Yeah, it’s a badass amp, I’ve never said anything otherwise about it. But would I ever pay anywhere north of 7k for one? Absolutely not. My deal worked out where I got it for 3500 so I’m totally good with that.

I also have a family and know that me playing in my basement right now, and the little mixing and reamping I do; I don’t need all the shit I have lol. I’m not a millionaire, or a single guy so I’m pretty conscious about where I spend my money because I’d like to retire at some point.
Man I missed out on the old amp prices haha- even 5k for a 2c+ would be steal of the decade at this point lol

I mean deals are out there just have to be patient. My wizard MC, MTL, and IIc++ all ran me under 10k. Got all of them over the last year.
I got my mcii mk2 kt150 for 3400 haha- but yeah it’s more that it’s just crazy hard to find 2c+ since they have so much (deserved) hype

Yeah I totally understand. For me it’s always been about the quest to figure out what are all the very best gear pieces regardless if I can have it or not (and there’s lots I can’t). I’ve never went about it in a practical way at all (that just isn’t fun for me). Even if my position changes where I can’t own this stuff anymore, my interest will always just be in trying to play and figure out what are all the most exceptional sounding items and I don’t care if I hear a clip where it doesn’t stand out as being special

Last edited:
It’s kind of strange they aren’t on more albums

They most likely are and it's just not readily known. Slipknot used them for leads on at least one album, but they obviously play different amps live. I'm sure they've been used in spots on a lot of albums.

I mean deals are out there just have to be patient. My wizard MC, MTL, and IIc++ all ran me under 10k. Got all of them over the last year.

It’s one of those “you gotta create your own luck” scenarios, I was refreshing my Craigslist every red light back a few years ago, I just happened to see my iic+ similar to what you paid for yours posted “a moment ago”, I pulled over right there and messaged the dude, he hit me up a few hours later and asked if I was serious cause I was first and he had 20 other people that already hit him up offering way more money. Had i waited till the next red light I probably wouldn’t have gotten it. I got my mint les paul standard for $800 and a few other too good to be true deals in similar fashion. You cant just check every few days or so, the good deals are gone by then. I had to stop checking Craigslist cause it just got out of control lol

Mesa Mark III++, yes it was C++ modded by Mike B according to the seller, it had all the correct markings. After this disappointment I realized the Mesa sound was not for me.:dunno:

I still like Petrucci tone though...... it's just not for me.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...The Cameron Ocean I had was ok at best but not what I had hoped. I never lusted after another Cameron amp after that...It did have the Cameron kerrang to it.

Without being a blowhard pedal booster, please explain to us all why you think the IIC+ sucks. Are you mad that the Black Album book debunked your Bob Rock bad memory theory? I actually don’t think you hate the IIC+. You are the dude that just has to be the contrarian about it. That’s weird. Were you bullied or abused as a child? The amp is iconic for a reason. For many it’s perfect. Anywho, just curious where your vitriol for an amplifier comes from. Strange to say the least. Do you still stand by your dramatic diatribe quoting the aging Bob, only to have Hetfield, Hammett, and Fidleman say that it was a IIC++?

The amp sucks, bob rock said it was a 3, and I live rent free in your mind. Life is good.

It’s an overly compressed turd,and a tone that a recto with a boost like the dirty tree or literally any other boost does 10x better than the 2c+. And much more dynamic to say the least. It’s really that simple. I’m sorry you haven’t come to this realization yet like the rest of the world. You know how I know? Because no one uses the damn thing…

Not even Metallica on the black album.

Back