Most Transparent EQ Pedal?

Mr. Willy":1qm2rulc said:
swamptrashstompboxes":1qm2rulc said:
I may have to get a fish and chips. I read so many good things, it's hard not to. I just worry about stepping on them hard though, but again if I have an EQ in the loop, it's an always on thing.

They’re not super fragile. The issue really is, to me anyway, is the footswitch. It’s not super easy to engage. If you’re going to set it and forget it, it’s a no brainer to me. They sound great; very transparent, and they’re cheap. If you’re going to kick it on and off a lot, you might wanna look at something else. Heck though, for the price, just grab one anyway.

Come to think of it speaking of those Danelecto pedals...I have one their trem pedals that was only about 30 bucks or so. Sounded great. I let my buddy borrow it. I need to get that thing back from him.

I will have to grab one then. Shit you can get five of them for the price of a new MXR 10 band.

swamptrashstompboxes":3byhnw52 said:
I may have to get a fish and chips. I read so many good things, it's hard not to. I just worry about stepping on them hard though, but again if I have an EQ in the loop, it's an always on thing.

Danelectro pedals are designed by the guy behind FOXX (let’s skip his politics), but the sounds are usually fantastic, and for the money, great subjects for rehousing projects.

Mr. Willy":28ehebp8 said:
I’ve got a Boss and a Fish n Chips. Fish n Chips sounds better.
Yup, long ago I tried an MXR, Boss GE7 and the Dano. Dano was more transparent/less noisy. I used the Dano with a Jubilee for years, you just have to buy 2 at a time if you gig..the switch just doesn't last that long. Unless you leave it on all the time.
But the GE10 is far and away the best graphic out there.

Ive had great sucess with the source audio eq and free the tone eq.Both have presets,zero tone suck and are extremely transparent.

The best IMHO is the old TC Dual Parametric Eq (aka DPE). Huge headroom, no noise at all, can be fed with 24V (maybe 36V, I don't remember the exact spec) for even more headroom. Huge clean boost abilities, sounds studio-quality perfect. Only drawback is that it does not have a footswitch (why, it's a mistery) so it's always on. But put it in a looper and it's head and shoulders above all the rest.

From the DPE manual : " Signals at studio-level (max +14dBm) can be handled when supplying 25-32 VDC to the external power socket."
Also, dynamic range is 110dB (roughly equivalent to S/N ratio). Practically, it means no noise at all, even in front of a gained out amp.

Back