Motley Crue Using Backstage Musicians

It also serves as a perfect example of how people try to work racism into everything to gain approval or momentum these days. "Oh look, I dug up an unrelated quote from decades ago that makes him look racist!" .... what a shallow article for a shallow audience.
PS: I'm not a Crue fan
I don't know if you clicked that Youtube link about Nikki being racist, but the clip was dated Sept. 28, 2022. Kinda odd that such a thing (from a '97 show) wasn't around longer on Youtube, but was uploaded on the exact same day as the lame article was posted. :unsure:

And playing the devil's advocate here (and not condoning dumb, blunt, racism), if you want to insult someone in the heat of the moment, typically you go for the lowest hanging fruit. Is it intelligent? No. Is it human? Heck ya. (Besides, no one would dare to accuse Mr. Sixx of being some elite booknerd that majored in Greek 3rd century poems with a minor in late Victorian essays. Hell, the only essays that Nikki knows are probably Hectór en Ramon working in their crew...) If that security guard was a tall redhead, Nikki may have called him an anagram of the n-word or "Lighthouse" or something. Just sayin'.

That is totally accurate but what got me was another guitarist playing for MM back stage. That's when it's really over.
For real man but it would be kinda cool to be that dude backstage playing Mick’s parts through a Cameron CCV….

Listen to the 'last show' thing they did a decade ago.

Mick absolutely killed it. He's the man. Huge pocket.
They just don’t make’em like that anymore.
But he was living off counted French fries for years and basically homeless but kept on jammin’..kinda a leftover but never gave up.
-A winner is a loser who tried one more time.

Was gonna read this thread, but it derailed immediately into the normal bullshit political banter you people can't seem to avoid. FUCK POLITICS, BOTH SIDES, your both fucked, which means we're all fucked, until you fuckers can start TRYING to find a common ground instead of one upping each other, WE ARE FUCKED politically. DO BETTER.

Last edited:
Was gonna read this thread, but it derailed immediately into the normal bullshit political banter you people can't seem to avoid. FUCK POLITICS, BOTH SIDES, your both fucked, which means we're all fucked, until your fuckers can start TRYING to find a common ground instead of one upping each other, WE ARE FUCKED politically. DO BETTER.
FUCK....................

I've seen them 3 times over the years and I agree they are terrible. I was 12 years old with front row seats and as excited as i was before the show i was I as disappointed after. That was Dr feelgood tour. Saw them last with my first wife who usually listened to mostly goth or industrial music but she somehow still had a soft spot for Motley Crue. We left like half way through their set. I think they were playing 2 sets that night. One thing I liked about the first album is it was kinda bad like almost punk rock. Thing I liked about shout at the devil is it was a bit heavier than most stuff on MTV during the day back then but it had to have Vince playing on it or it wouldn't have worked.

Vince was a lot of studio Magic. I've seen some vids of their early days where he sounds just as bad as he does now.

I guess when I really think about my taste in music growing up was based on my first couple live shows. 1st show was overkill on the years of decay. Small club 20 people showed up and they were amazing. My second show was sold out motley crue on Dr. Feelgood. Front row with warrant opening. Absolutely trash.

1st show was overkill on the years of decay. Small club 20 people showed up and they were amazing.
Awesome, I saw that tour (and the previous one) as well :cheers: Bobby G playing that white doubleneck SG on Skullcrusher (or was it Years of Decay title track?) was epic!

Was gonna read this thread, but it derailed immediately into the normal bullshit political banter you people can't seem to avoid. FUCK POLITICS, BOTH SIDES, your both fucked, which means we're all fucked, until your fuckers can start TRYING to find a common ground instead of one upping each other, WE ARE FUCKED politically. DO BETTER.
Maybe you shoud READ the thread and understand that the point we've all made is to LEAVE the politics out of music, Cletus..

First of all:
middleground2.jpg

Second of all, the whole fucking point is that the ARTICLE WRITER couldn't help but insert his retarded politics into the article ostensibly about music.

First of all:
View attachment 137368

Second of all, the whole fucking point is that the ARTICLE WRITER couldn't help but insert his retarded politics into the article ostensibly about music.
First of all, read the original post, no mention of it, the first reply went down that hole.

Second, most posts around here that get political end up with a bunch of liberals and conservatives throw shit at each other. Happens alot around here.

Finding common ground has NOTHING to do with finding THE TRUTH, just gives people a place to stop arguing and try to find the things they can agree on and build from there, instead of mud slinging all the time...

Last edited:
1) i know that neil had help on some of his hit songs

2) i almost died at a crue show

3) this was probably the most interesting crue related thing i’ve seen

4) i have a personal story about a direct experience with the band during the non vince years but too involved to type here…

Not sure why, other than brain damage, the person would include a jab at Trump. But, spot on with Motley sucking.
What’s funny is ignoring the current administration driving the word into the ground.

That said, I’ve never liked Motley Crue. Always hated the guitar tones. Sure they had some catchy tunes…but so does Brittney Spears. 🤷

They get a lot of crap but I had some of the best times of my life at Motley Crue shows in the 80s. I'm still a fan

1K2i2b6h.jpg
I see you live by me? Hopefully you went to some of the GREAT shows that were going on in that era? Dio with Dokken opening on Tooth and Nail at the Oakland Coliseum. Priest at Sac Cal Expo Turbo tour? AC/DC Back in Black Cow Palace.

Myself and the guys I went to shows with never even mentioned Crue. Shout was cool, but that’s about it. Them and Kiss just need to stop. It’s over.

I see you live by me? Hopefully you went to some of the GREAT shows that were going on in that era? Dio with Dokken opening on Tooth and Nail at the Oakland Coliseum. Priest at Sac Cal Expo Turbo tour? AC/DC Back in Black Cow Palace.

Myself and the guys I went to shows with never even mentioned Crue. Shout was cool, but that’s about it. Them and Kiss just need to stop. It’s over.
Saw the Dio , Dokken show in Oakland, Priest , Dokken in Oakland. Saw AC/DC in ‘82 at the Cow Palace and and so many more . Saw some shows at Cal Expo and Arco Arena also

https://www.last.fm/music/Mötley+Crüe/Shout+at+the+Devil/+images/cb039e67728c7558cb1a35dfee226daahttps://www.last.fm/music/Mötley+Crüe/Shout+at+the+Devil/+images/d89f4508f48240e087c73fd98d0aac4aSee what I mean with the cheap whore look with that few sandwiches short of a picnic look??
Check out Vince, dog collar & all…,

-4 scratchy power chords was all it took?

If that’s the case, these dude’s are posers, except
for Mick Mars, he’s great the way he is!
I can’t help but imagine Vince in this attire doing a hearfealt rendition of Home Sweet Home…
Can you imagine him in that f’n out fit now???
LTFOL!

Back