Movies that sucked...

311splawndude

.... and I dare you to try to talk me into liking something

OK, I'll go first.

Ocean's Eleven

I know it is super popular. I know it has a marque cast (Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, George Clooney, etc,). I know it is a remake of a 1960 classic but man....

That Movie Sucked. Terrible waste of 2 hours. I have no desire to see the others.

What you got?

that dumb fuck from WV that took off hitch hiking and starved to death in a bus/camper in Canada. Long as fuck. Wife rented it for me and I sat up watching it one night. 3:30 in the morning I hit my wife on the arm and said I want the last 3 hours of my life back.....

Would that be like Woody Allen? But yeah, whatever that shit is seems awfully boring to me :dunno:
Arthouse movies are generally slow-paced and I don't mind that if it's done well. It's just the sudden, meaningless "endings" that grind my gears.

My initial reaction is always, "Why did I just spend the last 2 hours hoping for a resolution?".

Was that the one with the two gay cowboys? Never watched it. :dunno:
My brother used to host a poker game twice a week at his house (No Limit Texas Hold'em).

One of the regular players was a guy who was in a wheelchair. Story was, he had gone out deer hunting and was using a tree blind he bought from Academy Sporting Goods. Well, the tree stand was defective, and he fell out of the seat from a pretty good height and damaged his lower back to where he could no longer walk. He hired an attorney, sued Academy and was made a multi-millionaire.. so all he did now was fish, pop pills, smoke weed, drink whisky and play poker.

This was like 20 years ago during the "poker boom" and all poker players had a nickname. So I started calling him "Brokeback Mountain".

Baby Sitter - Killer Queen (2020)

It is a spoof type movie with a lot of unpredictable turns and story diversions. You'd think it would be a great movie to watch while fucked up. Well, my wife and I watched it the other night and I was pretty fucked up and I though it sucked.

Maybe I should try it again sober :LOL:

Poor fella.
Dude was an avid deer hunter. He came out to my property to hunt deer, right after I bought the land.

I had never field dressed a deer, so I was happy to have him along for the experience he brought with him. We took down a deer, and I hoisted it up on a tripod and gambrel. He looks and me and says, "Did you bring a knife ?"

And I'm like, "No, I thought you were gonna bring a skinning knife."

Dude pulls out a fucking pocket knife and field dressed the deer.. while sitting in a wheelchair.

:cheers:

Here are a bunch more after binging over the Holidays.

Silent Hill. Good graphics though. Tough plot.
The Wretched. Skip. Not worth the time. Boy and Evil next door. Waterfront. No one believes him.
No one gets out alive. Really drawn out plot. Way too much time spent on the wrong things. Ending is not believable. Pass.
The Bad Batch. Pass. Way too long boring sequences. Cannibals. Drugs. Keanu Reeves. Jason Momoa.
The Midnight Sky. Skip please. George Clooney. One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. What happened to earth? Not logical. Long sequences that go nowhere.
30 Days of Night. Vampire movie. Barron, AL. Could have been really good. Sceans were not believable enough.
The Block island sound. Something in the water is killing. Could have been real good. Not bad, just won’t recommend unless nothing else to watch
Blood Red Sky. Vampire movie on a plane. Not really worth watching. Some scenes did not add up.
Malevolent. Brother sister team do fake ghost healing and end up with the real deal. Could have been much better. Not terrible, just don’t recommend unless bored.
Errementari – the blacksmith of the devil. Subtitled. Started off good, not sure I’d recommend.

The Silence. Skip it. Terribad.

Watched it the other night on Netflix. Well. Tried to watch it anyway. Got half way though and turned it off. Just not believable at all. Also, too similar to 'A Quiet Place'. Deaf girl. Weird blind bat creatures. I guess it followed a novel, but just skip this one.

Back