multi-effects on the cheap....

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
what would you guys recommend? I'm thinking line 6 m13 or something along those lines. Need a floorboard set up and really only need-delay-chorus and verb...but options are always nice for other effects.

what would you guys recommend? I'm thinking line 6 m13 or something along those lines. Need a floorboard set up and really only need-delay-chorus and verb...but options are always nice for other effects.
I have a boss MS3 that I don’t use and would sell. Not sure what they go for used now but I’d beat the price. The effects are good.. simple. I just have other things that I use instead.

I have a boss MS3 that I don’t use and would sell. Not sure what they go for used now but I’d beat the price. The effects are good.. simple. I just have other things that I use instead.
that's cool-I never even knew that existed. Does about everything don't it?

also no modeling.....just effects in case I didn't say that. Tempted to just get some cheap pedals and call it a day....no more than I play anyway that's probably the best way to go....It's funny-I have like 5 pedal sitting there and every one is running out front. My Griffin Fuzz, screamer and thor's hammer, plus my vibe and mimiq.

Honestly it does a lot more than I’m willing to learn. I know folks who will tinker for hours on these things; well all these devices and get great sounds. The stock ones in this are good. Probably would do everything I wanted if I was willing to put down my other candy. Lexicon, eventide and bunch of pre amps and power amps, fractal. I got the unit to add a sound for lead playing only before I had some of my other items. Once the lexicon came; everything else was out the door. I used this unit for a while but I don’t get its full range of sounds. Henceforth it is now useless to me 🫤

The Boss MS3 is my favorite multi effects unit for use with an amp.

If you want something even cheaper, look at a used zoom g3. I’m not fond of the drives, but the modulations, reverbs and delays are pretty good, not to mention it has a decent noise gate as well. It’s not unusual to find one for under $100.

I would say an old Rocktron rack unit. Replifex, Xpression, Intellifex, etc....

These things sound great for core effects and dont mess with your base tone.

505.jpg

The Final Boss of multi fx

I would say a tc gmajor...but op said floor based pedals...
I like the Rocktron better than the G Major stuff. I have both.

Most of the floorboards are gonna change the tone in some way. If he uses it in an "always on" way, a rack unit might be better.

You can get a TC electronic G major for around $150 and then just buy a cheap foot switch for it those things for the money still hold up on the effects department

also no modeling.....just effects in case I didn't say that. Tempted to just get some cheap pedals and call it a day....no more than I play anyway that's probably the best way to go....It's funny-I have like 5 pedal sitting there and every one is running out front. My Griffin Fuzz, screamer and thor's hammer, plus my vibe and mimiq.
For a cheap pedal out front, I use the Behringer Digital Muilti-FX FX600.

Depending on how cheap you're talking I'd suggest something from Zoom like MS-G50 or G3n/G3xn. The "xn" has a built in expression pedal, the "n" doesn't. For the MS-G50 it's $100 new and around $70 used. The G3n/G3xn are about $200 new and can get them for $80-$100 used. Even though I'm not much of an FX user I keep a MS-50G and G5xn around. All of their different models have the same FX built in, but the higher you go you get some extra features like a built in looper or some drum patterns to play along with. To me the FX sound pretty darn good and has more than enough types to choose from. There is some amp and cab modeling built in that sounds alright, but its not really there to be used a a true modeler. All of them let you chain up to at least 5 "pedals" together in any order you want. Some pedals take up 2 slots.

One thing to note, don't even bother with any of the factory presets, they're pretty much worthless. But there are some user and artist presets that are fairly good to load up and go. And of course you can make your own presets and there should be more than enough space for a bunch of them; 50 I think.

Here's a couple of video's on each that go over the functions. I didn't watch them all the way through so I'm not sure what sound samples/presets are used.

everything has modeling. I just want effects. So aggravating. Even the cheap shit has amp modeling. I'm just hung up on that.

These are pretty cool, and I’ve seen them in the 225 range before

https://reverb.com/item/63814888-tc...t-multi-effects-pedalboard-2022-present-white
I’ve seen these sun $300 on local CL

https://reverb.com/item/61862329-tc-electronic-g-system
I have heard clips of these that Townsend did that sounded really good.

https://reverb.com/item/58811249-mooer-ocean-machine

I have heard that these are surprisingly good for the cash, but never played one

https://reverb.com/item/36885013-mooer-red-truck-multi-fx-pedal-cpt-1

If these are already posted, oh well.

Back