Music from a broken heart

ElectricVoodoo

I barely survived, so instead of ending it, I tried to create music. It is as uncomfortable to listen to as is my current state. So I guess this is how its supposed to sound.

Well, this is a pretty heavy subject. I like to feel like we are all part of a big crazy online family here so in all seriousness, if you are feeling this down, maybe you should reach out for some professional help or call a hotline to talk it out. There are people and services that can help you through this and you don't have to feel alone or like you don't have anyone who can talk you through what you are feeling.

On a lighter side, I quite liked the music. Sort of a Radiohead vibe and it totally works for me .

Take care of yourself man, music is a gift but so is living, breathing, and being here.

Up the irons!

Very nice of you, thank you.
I never put the connection to Radiohead but I see what your saying. I just let it come out anyway it wanted to and let it be natural. Yeah, feeling depressed really sucks for a lack of a better word.
Yes...Up the Irons !!!!!!

Mate, I've had a broken heart my entire life, and I can assure you that even if it's not mended, you can still survive.

The two biggest "tricks" for me are:
1) Be thankful for what I have (little as that may be).
2) Focus on external things such as world affairs, hobbies and the wellbeing of others.

In essence, it's all about taking one's mind off of one's self; believe me, there's nothing to be gained by looking inward.

HTH, bud. We can chat any time you like. Hang in there mate! :thumbsup:

I appreciate that very much! Taking the mind off of it has helped alittle. Just very hard. There's always politics to focus on..... joking ☺️

That's a really cool jam there. I really like the progression. If it had a real drummer to keep the beat more interesting it would be awesome imo.

OT: I find it strange how certain types of depression seem to inspire creativity while others just kill it. Some days I just don't have it and playing (badly) just makes it worse. Other days I'm on and playing really helps.

SpiderWars":1rqss81w said:
That's a really cool jam there. I really like the progression. If it had a real drummer to keep the beat more interesting it would be awesome imo.

OT: I find it strange how certain types of depression seem to inspire creativity while others just kill it. Some days I just don't have it and playing (badly) just makes it worse. Other days I'm on and playing really helps.

interesting and spot on perspective as it pertains to me... music is a place of joy and happiness to/for me, especially if i've got to be creative. when i'm "down/blue"... i don't even go to my gear, don't touch it, don't want to touch it.

OP: i can see and feel the melancholy in your clip. but i also, IMO, hear a sense of there's something on the other side of this in it as well. at least that's what it relays to me.

hang in there dude! :rock:

It’s a good clip. Definitely something you could take further with lyrics, etc...

Not sure what you’re dealing with but hang in there man. We all have bad shit sometimes and it sucks, feels like it’ll never end. I don’t pretend to understand, but just know you’re not alone.

Hang in there, bro, time heals. Vent on this post if it helps. This is a brotherhood of many cool people who care. :thumbsup:
As a fan of dark and melancholy music, I really liked your tune. Keep creating if it helps.

I have lyrics that I put on my YT page with it.
The happy parts of the song are memories of her, the verses are what's happening now and the ending parts of song are my mental state. The very end with sporatoc notes are me typing..."I miss you, I love you." All I have now are my texts that go no where.

Hang in there dude and in any situation, don't sell yourself short, don't ever stop moving forward and knowing you can have your best life and best self in any situation at all. Trust me, I've been there and have been there several times.

I won't get into a lot of detail but I just want to give you some insight and perspective from another and hope it helps you feel better.

In 2017, I got a dissolution from a marriage of over 25 years. I didn't want it and thought everything was fine. But we amicably decided to go our own ways. About two months after that, my daughter's best friend killed herself on the night my daughter got into a car accident. Then my daughter got depressed and became a drug addict months after that. Then another friend overdosed and died. All of this happened within a year.

The following year, I thought I found a soulmate. Someone from my past and was in a long distance relationship and in love for over two years across the miles. This past June, it just ended with no explanation, etc. During a pandemic, that obviously was confusing and sucked ass.

When I was least expecting it, not wanting it, and not looking, someone set me up with someone. I was reluctant, still in pain, and made every excuse to not be with her. We have been together now for almost four months and she is perfect for me. Loves music, hilarious, not needy but there for me. Even her son plays guitar and kicks my ass at it!! LOL!

My whole point my friend is that life can change in a moment and when you least expect it. I loved both of those people in my life.....unfortunately they were not committed to helping me the best "me" I could. Life and love should not be hard. It should be easy, fun, happy, etc. Life is too short. I don't know your exact situation man but there are TONS and TONS of people out there. As mentioned too, there are resources out there to get help and feel better.

If you ever need help, all of us here on the forum are here for you man. We all have been hurt, have everything from health to relationship issues, etc. and you need a help, you just say the word. Don't sell yourself short dude. Keep writing music too!! I did that during my toughest times and you can hear it in the songs I did. It is a great escape from the B.S.....like politics!! LOL

MrDowntown":1ei68mui said:
OP: i can see and feel the melancholy in your clip. but i also, IMO, hear a sense of there's something on the other side of this in it as well. at least that's what it relays to me.
Agreed. Totally.

Hang in there brother. We got your back and you are important to us. :yes:

Best cure for a broken heart is time and a new love. Emotions are rough, hang in there bro. It's part of what makes us human.

I envy not in any moods
The captive void of noble rage,
The linnet born within the cage,
That never knew the summer woods.

I envy not the beast that takes
His licence in the field of time,
Unfettered by the sense of crime,
To whom a conscience never wakes.

Nor, what may count itself as blest,
The heart that never plighted troth
But stagnates in the weeds of sloth,
Nor any want-begotten rest.

I hold it true, whate’er befall,
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
‘Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Alfred Lord Tennyson 1849

A broken path is hard to stumble through,and thoughts and prayers often feel like platitudes. Truth is,it's yours alone to navigate. Your music will help to exorcise the evils of self doubt and sadness. Writing your feelings down helps to manifest them. Then you can confront them for what they are...a momentary issue that can only last as long as you decide to let it. It's ok to mourn,but like anything else that seems to consume you it helps to gain perspective by facing it for what it is...a moment in your life. We all wish you well. Try to wish yourself the same.

rottingcorpse":148vaetm said:
A broken path is hard to stumble through,and thoughts and prayers often feel like platitudes. Truth is,it's yours alone to navigate. Your music will help to exorcise the evils of self doubt and sadness. Writing your feelings down helps to manifest them. Then you can confront them for what they are...a momentary issue that can only last as long as you decide to let it. It's ok to mourn,but like anything else that seems to consume you it helps to gain perspective by facing it for what it is...a moment in your life. We all wish you well. Try to wish yourself the same.

Well said. A very good perspective on things.

Texhex":3bp2du59 said:
Best cure for a broken heart is time and a new love. Emotions are rough, hang in there bro. It's part of what makes us human.

I envy not in any moods
The captive void of noble rage,
The linnet born within the cage,
That never knew the summer woods.

I envy not the beast that takes
His licence in the field of time,
Unfettered by the sense of crime,
To whom a conscience never wakes.

Nor, what may count itself as blest,
The heart that never plighted troth
But stagnates in the weeds of sloth,
Nor any want-begotten rest.

I hold it true, whate’er befall,
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
‘Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Alfred Lord Tennyson 1849

Nice!! It is so true. It takes a lot to trust someone, especially after being hurt a few times and being confused but really life is about taking those risks.

My friend and I were talking about that. People that never get in accidents, never get in trouble, stay in their house, etc. don't have much to worry about. At the same time, those people don't take the risks that are part of living and being adventurous!

I'm doing things with my girlfriend that I haven't done for years like hiking, talking about the history of Zeppelin, etc. It just comes down to knowing the right person, either friend or romantically, is out there waiting to find you.

romanianreaper":1iokirp4 said:
Hang in there dude and in any situation, don't sell yourself short, don't ever stop moving forward and knowing you can have your best life and best self in any situation at all. Trust me, I've been there and have been there several times.

I won't get into a lot of detail but I just want to give you some insight and perspective from another and hope it helps you feel better.

In 2017, I got a dissolution from a marriage of over 25 years. I didn't want it and thought everything was fine. But we amicably decided to go our own ways. About two months after that, my daughter's best friend killed herself on the night my daughter got into a car accident. Then my daughter got depressed and became a drug addict months after that. Then another friend overdosed and died. All of this happened within a year.

The following year, I thought I found a soulmate. Someone from my past and was in a long distance relationship and in love for over two years across the miles. This past June, it just ended with no explanation, etc. During a pandemic, that obviously was confusing and sucked ass.

When I was least expecting it, not wanting it, and not looking, someone set me up with someone. I was reluctant, still in pain, and made every excuse to not be with her. We have been together now for almost four months and she is perfect for me. Loves music, hilarious, not needy but there for me. Even her son plays guitar and kicks my ass at it!! LOL!

My whole point my friend is that life can change in a moment and when you least expect it. I loved both of those people in my life.....unfortunately they were not committed to helping me the best "me" I could. Life and love should not be hard. It should be easy, fun, happy, etc. Life is too short. I don't know your exact situation man but there are TONS and TONS of people out there. As mentioned too, there are resources out there to get help and feel better.

If you ever need help, all of us here on the forum are here for you man. We all have been hurt, have everything from health to relationship issues, etc. and you need a help, you just say the word. Don't sell yourself short dude. Keep writing music too!! I did that during my toughest times and you can hear it in the songs I did. It is a great escape from the B.S.....like politics!! LOL

This hit me very hard. I cannot put it into words, but THANK YOU. Also Thank you to all who have chimed in and those who read and listened as well. In my words of Thank You, there are a million more of thanks.
?????????????????

P.S. Just to add, to anyone who has slammed this forum for being to much this or that..well, that can happen anywhere and it does. I have a new found respect for this site. For those who may not know, this like my 3rd account here since about 2011
Why I dont know :confused:
It's a good place with a wealth of knowledge by very talented people and I appreciate it more. Again...Thank You !

I'll check the song out after work.

As far as the personal stuff you're going through, I'm sorry and please hang in there! I'm going through some rough shit at the moment and have dealt with my fair share of heartache, both from relationships and depression, family issues, etc. It's big of you to put yourself out there by showing something you created in a vulnerable state. There is a lot to be thankful for and a lot of great people on this forum.

Take care of yourself

Back