Mustaine's interview on Gibson TV

I thought he came across as the asshole he is, I say that as a Megadeth fan. Not one mention of Junior Ellefson, who formed the band with him and most miraculously stuck around for most of it. He wasn't a bit player like Al Pitrelli or Jeff Young who only played with him for a minute. What a jerkoff, he is still stuck with that Metallica inferiority complex and has do whatever to pump himself. Dave, your music is great, we accept you, you should recognize the people that helped make Megadeth what it WAS.
to think he was only in Metallica for 11 months.

I thought he came across as the asshole he is, I say that as a Megadeth fan. Not one mention of Junior Ellefson, who formed the band with him and most miraculously stuck around for most of it. He wasn't a bit player like Al Pitrelli or Jeff Young who only played with him for a minute. What a jerkoff, he is still stuck with that Metallica inferiority complex and has do whatever to pump himself. Dave, your music is great, we accept you, you should recognize the people that helped make Megadeth what it WAS.
LOL.. I don't know DM from larry.. But I think it was clear in the vid that he had a shitty upbringing..
That shapes you as a person. It's what drove him to success I think.. He had nowhere to go but up.
DE was there for most of it for sure, but you have to be really dumb to be married and put yourself out there by cranking off on the internet to some fan as a famous person.. DE fucked up.. He might be a nice guy , but he had a huge lapse in judgment.

LOL.. I don't know DM from larry.. But I think it was clear in the vid that he had a shitty upbringing..
That shapes you as a person. It's what drove him to success I think.. He had nowhere to go but up.
DE was there for most of it for sure, but you have to be really dumb to be married and put yourself out there by cranking off on the internet to some fan as a famous person.. DE fucked up.. He might be a nice guy , but he had a huge lapse in judgment.
Is has nothing to do with how Ellefson got fired, like it or not he was a major part of Megadeth.

I can't go that far.. Close but no.. MOP>RIP
However, Countdown To Extinction > Black Album..
SWEATING BULLETSSSSSSSSS!! Dada, da...

What I love about them is they’re so different from each other. Same with Reign in Blood. I like it as much as those two and feel it’s easily as important.
Well put. I'd vote Metallica for best rhythms and Megadeth for best leads. At their best, Megadeth was more technical and precise while Metallica was more brutal and headbang chuglicious. In the end it's all personal preference, but for me James' right hand stands alone. Some godly mixture of loose and tight at the same time. I'd argue it singlehandedly defined the genre in the late 80's.

Certainly Reign in Blood and Beneath the Remains deserve honorable mentions and can easily stand up to these other two masterpieces.

Back