My amp is off the Hermansson workbench!

What was the shipping cost from US to him?
I'm located in Australia. I didn't send him the amp, I just sent him the funds and he purchased it for me over in Sweden. I know it's going to be expensive to ship it here to Australia though. But it is what it is.

Congrats again !
Haha thanks again. Be sure to let us know when your turn comes up.

Threads like this make me wish I was still having amps modded.
So much great stuff has been done on this board.
We sure are spoiled for choice these days.

and I would love to have one of Hermansson's amps....
Jelly. Congrats
Going to have one soon👍
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reactions: PDC
Hey btw SBlue, I meant to ask what switch/voicing options did you choose for your 5 Gain Stage? Henric told me there's six 3-way voicing switch options to choose from.
I ordered mine with all the switches, and I'm really glad I did that.
The switches are voiced in a way that they interact so well, and they are what makes this amp sound like an amazing sounding stock vintage Marshall to a very modern voiced high gain beast.
I already told Henric that when it comes time to build my other amps that I want them with all the options again.

I ordered mine with all the switches, and I'm really glad I did that.
The switches are voiced in a way that they interact so well, and they are what makes this amp sound like an amazing sounding stock vintage Marshall to a very modern voiced high gain beast.
I already told Henric that when it comes time to build my other amps that I want them with all the options again.
I was thinking of ticking all the options, so that's great to hear. Many thanks for your insights.

Cheers mate!
Hey btw what voicing switches did you choose for your Hermansson amps? Did you get the works?
I got the Mid-Boost and the Punch switch. I basically wanted it to be exactly like Fredrick Thordendals because I'm a huge Meshuggah fan haha. If I was to order it again I would go all switches for sure.

I am happy I got them because I pretty much always have the low or high boost engaged, they are perfect for turning it into a metal beast. the Punch switch works really well. I had a Friedman Butterslax and a Fortin Meshuggah before this, and honestly, I was able to get very close to both amps with it after I learned how all the switches and dials interact. Between the tightness + gain + Mid boost, you can honestly dial it in to sound like the Fortin Meshuggah boosted by a 33 pedal (not for everyone but very fun for 7-8 strings). It also can be dialed in nice and saggy or saturated by dialing that back.

One quick note I always mention this, it doesn't take a boost very well (realllllly doesn't need it at all just turn the gain up slightly) BUT if you have an EQ pedal it works extremely well in front, just in case you wanted a bit of extra grind or bite its possible. I use a Boss GE-10 with mine, and I can get that extra bite on top with it. I do that to get that extra high-end detail I am hearing in those Larry Dino clips. Highly doubt you will need it though, especially if you get all the switches.

I got the Mid-Boost and the Punch switch. I basically wanted it to be exactly like Fredrick Thordendals because I'm a huge Meshuggah fan haha. If I was to order it again I would go all switches for sure.

I am happy I got them because I pretty much always have the low or high boost engaged, they are perfect for turning it into a metal beast. the Punch switch works really well. I had a Friedman Butterslax and a Fortin Meshuggah before this, and honestly, I was able to get very close to both amps with it after I learned how all the switches and dials interact. Between the tightness + gain + Mid boost, you can honestly dial it in to sound like the Fortin Meshuggah boosted by a 33 pedal (not for everyone but very fun for 7-8 strings). It also can be dialed in nice and saggy or saturated by dialing that back.

One quick note I always mention this, it doesn't take a boost very well (realllllly doesn't need it at all just turn the gain up slightly) BUT if you have an EQ pedal it works extremely well in front, just in case you wanted a bit of extra grind or bite its possible. I use a Boss GE-10 with mine, and I can get that extra bite on top with it. I do that to get that extra high-end detail I am hearing in those Larry Dino clips. Highly doubt you will need it though, especially if you get all the switches.
I actually did the same . I wanted that Meshugah amp but I added the extra 3 voicings so I went with 6 switch options

Basically I was saying our amps will be sister amps and so alike since made back to back . Fuck I can’t wait and ever time this post pops up I get more excited

Exciting indeed, keep us posted mate!
Will do broski!

Cheers DBB. Thanks for the info mate. I'm definitely getting all the options after reading yours and SBlue's feedback. :thumbsup:

I actually did the same . I wanted that Meshugah amp but I added the extra 3 voicings so I went with 6 switch options
Basically I was saying our amps will be sister amps and so alike since made back to back . Fuck I can’t wait and ever time this post pops up I get more excited
Haha! I'll post every update I get especially for you.
Henric's turning mine into a two channel amp with his very own dedicated clean channel circuit as Channel 1. The circuit uses 3 of the 5 gain stages and can go from fully clean, to on up past JCM800 levels of gain.

Congrats man!!! You're going to be amazed by this amp!
I got a 5 Gain Stage in October and immediately got in line for a 3 Gain Stage and for one of soon Hermansson own amp.
His work is one of the best and the tone is just unreal!!!

So you got on the list for one of his amps coming out? Which one did you order?

So you got on the list for one of his amps coming out? Which one did you order?
I still have not decided which one. I asked hims to place me on the list, and when it comes time to start with the amps, to let me know the options and we'll go from there.

Will do broski!

Cheers DBB. Thanks for the info mate. I'm definitely getting all the options after reading yours and SBlue's feedback. :thumbsup:

Haha! I'll post every update I get especially for you.
Henric's turning mine into a two channel amp with his very own dedicated clean channel circuit as Channel 1. The circuit uses 3 of the 5 gain stages and can go from fully clean, to on up past JCM800 levels of gain.
So damn cool !

Work commenced on my 5 Stage at the start of the week...

Attachments

• 4_Hermansson Modded Marshall 1959HW.jpg
    4_Hermansson Modded Marshall 1959HW.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 5_Hermansson Modded Marshall 1959HW.jpg
    5_Hermansson Modded Marshall 1959HW.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 6_Hermansson Modded Marshall 1959HW.jpg
    6_Hermansson Modded Marshall 1959HW.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 61
I am in-line and currently looking at various donors. Will be my 4th amp of his and I couldn’t be happier with everything I’ve got from him. Currently still rocking two of them, sold my modded recto a few years back

Attachments

• B49A2846-529D-465D-B2E4-21D7AB9C1B2B.jpeg
    B49A2846-529D-465D-B2E4-21D7AB9C1B2B.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 46
Back