My HX Stomp and PowerCab 212+ live... Canadian National Anthem...

JerEvil

Finally gigging again. We had a small pub gig here in Pahrump, NV. First time using the PowerCab live. Really dug it. Revv Red model on the top and the Pocket Fuzz goosing it. V30/GB preset on the PowerCab which are their modeled speakers. No IR's.

Heres a quick vid from the venue that talks about the setup

Last edited:
Right on, thanks for honouring (spelled the canadian way )one of our few national treasures! Also, I love that you go that Randy Rhoads looking fella front and center as well, he pops!

Right on, thanks for honouring (spelled the canadian way )one of our few national treasures! Also, I love that you go that Randy Rhoads looking fella front and center as well, he pops!
Yeah man, that's Scott Griffin. He was in RATT for a bit and is now in LA Guns. He's also the "Paul" in one of the KISS Tributes I am in. We just added this song and hadn't practiced it but it came out pretty good!

It was our honour to pay homage to our neighbours to the North!

Yeah man, that's Scott Griffin. He was in RATT for a bit and is now in LA Guns. He's also the "Paul" in one of the KISS Tributes I am in. We just added this song and hadn't practiced it but it came out pretty good!

It was our honour to pay homage to our neighbours to the North!
Tell me he does all the Paul banter when you guys do the cover thing. Does he WOOOHOOOO a lot as well and skip? He needs to if he doesn't.

Ha! Yeah that one never gets old! LOL! FWIW, the other guy is playing a '78 JMP and JCM800 412
Who cares about the other guy, this is YOUR show not Randy Rhoad's over there!

Speaking of shows, do you have any of the KISS act on youtube? That never gets old for me.. I prefer KISS cover bands to KISS pretending to sing over backing tracks with perfect intonation night after night. It's funny because even being non musical and having no clue, people just can't seem to understand that when he is doing his banter and his voice is raspy, there is no way in hell that he will even get remotely close to being able to sing Love Gun at the end of a full set like he does. Same thing happened when I went to see Celine Dion with my wife and mother in law (sorry they are french and had an extra ticket..i was curious) I had to shatter both their dreams when i was tapping my wife on the shoulder every time the vocal track cut in and her live mic went out. Crushed my poor mother in law's soul. To this day she does not even remember our conversation and says to me "well it sounded good to me..she's just so good"... french canadians, what are ya gonna do.

Who cares about the other guy, this is YOUR show not Randy Rhoad's over there!

Speaking of shows, do you have any of the KISS act on youtube? That never gets old for me.. I prefer KISS cover bands to KISS pretending to sing over backing tracks with perfect intonation night after night. It's funny because even being non musical and having no clue, people just can't seem to understand that when he is doing his banter and his voice is raspy, there is no way in hell that he will even get remotely close to being able to sing Love Gun at the end of a full set like he does. Same thing happened when I went to see Celine Dion with my wife and mother in law (sorry they are french and had an extra ticket..i was curious) I had to shatter both their dreams when i was tapping my wife on the shoulder every time the vocal track cut in and her live mic went out. Crushed my poor mother in law's soul. To this day she does not even remember our conversation and says to me "well it sounded good to me..she's just so good"... french canadians, what are ya gonna do.
Yeah man this was the first gig I did with Sin City KISS. There’s a big charity event that happens every year here in Vegas called KISS Night where all the proceeds are donated to local schools for music programs.

Oh man! So good, so fancy just like Paul and so LIVE! I tell you, cover bands are the future. You did a great job on Ace as well. The fine line between stiff in his outfit but still totally cool. did the vibrato well too. I'm jealous.

Oh man! So good, so fancy just like Paul and so LIVE! I tell you, cover bands are the future. You did a great job on Ace as well. The fine line between stiff in his outfit but still totally cool. did the vibrato well too. I'm jealous.
Hey thanks man! I was still VERY new to the boots that show. We have a few more vids on our channel. She, Ladies Room and something else! LOL! You can see in Let Me Go Rock & Roll at the end where we do the synchronized side-to-side where my ankle kicks out and I almost fall! LOL!

Honestly, it's the most fun I have ever had playing. I am a better "Ace" at this point but I still don't try and overdo the moves. Some guys just seem like silly caricatures... but not in the good way.

This is Helix as well, by the way, through the return of a Marshall and 2 Marshall 412's.

Last edited:
Sounds great man! What do you think of that Powercab 212? I've always thought that if I were to jump into the modeling realm, that's the cab I'd spring for. Seems like the speaker modeling gets mixed reviews.

Sounds great man! What do you think of that Powercab 212? I've always thought that if I were to jump into the modeling realm, that's the cab I'd spring for. Seems like the speaker modeling gets mixed reviews.
Yeah it definitely does get mixed reviews. I dig it BUT, you gotta create your patches WITH it. IME, taking an existing patch and tweaking doesn't work as well. I start from zero when using it.

Back