NAD: Diezel Hagen

cr8

Just traded my Triamp Mark 3 for a Hagen that was purchased from Sweetwater about a month ago. I mostly play through an OX or Suhr Reactive Load... but I have a Bogner FL Uberkab and another Bogner RL 4x12, PPC212 and Mesa OS. I'll try to post some clips of the Hagen in the future. From what I've heard of it so far (very brief) this could end up a 10/10 amp for me. I previously had a 2006 VH4 that I regretted getting rid of, but I think I'm going to enjoy this a lot more. I figured I would start a thread because my first impression was so good even through the OX.

My other amps are KSR Artemis, KSR Juno 100 which is on its way back to me from repair, new guy wiring over there made some mistakes that slipped by Kyle Rhodes and whoever tested it somehow. I plan on doing some clips of these amps too, just finishing getting my home studio in order.

Any requests with any gear I've listed shoot me a reply and I'll do what I can!

Guitars
Aristides 070s (Lundgren M7)
Kiesel OM7 (Abasi Fluence)
Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst 2007 (Suhr SSH+)
Fender American Telecaster Elite (Custom Shop Tele pups)
Jericho Prism Baritone

Attachments

• 20210107_212511.jpg
    20210107_212511.jpg
    799.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 20210107_212729.jpg
    20210107_212729.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 157
Enjoy the beast! The Hagen has been my one and only amp for 9 years already, it "just works" for me.
I was able to dial in some pretty great tones already, but I definitely need to spend a week or so to get more sorted..
I feel like slightly less output pickups would be amazing with it, which I ordered some Guitarmory Foxbats back in April for my Aristides 070s but they still haven't shipped yet. The Hagen matched up well with both of my 7s tuned to Drop A and B. Tons of clarity and punch, warm and aggressive at the same time. A lot of definition and amazing touch response. I dialed pretty close to how I remembered my VH4 channel 3 sounded pretty quickly, but I think this is a whole different amp all together and I like it a little more so far, though I still need to try a newer VH4 as mine was a 2006.

Master volume was almost all the way open, channel volumes were anywhere from 2 to 3 o'clock. The gain is super fun to tweak on all channels because it's mostly all usable. I think I spent most of my time on channel 2, Its like the perfect compliment of classic and modern.. its a different beast than ive ever heard and its so addictive. Overall I think its the most unique and aggressive character of any amp I've played in a long time. Dry and wet sounding at the same time almost. CH1 was everything I was hoping for.. pristine and big, but can easily take it over the edge in any amount.

Definitely satisfied with the trade, though that Triamp 3 did sound great and huge, I think the Diezel is more pristine, dynamic and with a bit more personality. I'll be putting it up to my KSRs and my buddy's 2020 SLO on Saturday. I think I'll have some clips to post not this weekend but next. The only amps I'm looking for now are Wizard, 20th XTC and Cameron.

HAPPY NEW HAGEN DAY!!! :ROFLMAO: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

If ya haven't noticed - I'm a MASSIVE Hagen fan!! And yes, 100% correct - lower/moderate output pups are the shiz with this amp for standard tuning, half-step down, Drop-D standard, or Drop-D half step down; the moderate output pups are great - and I find "most" Diezels are tuned to be best with moderate output pups (or lower, between 7-9DCR). That said, if ya get into some ERGs or heavily dropped tunings, the more powerful pups can keep things from getting hazy. A lot has to do with player-hand technique, but ya, the flubbier strings and lows tend to like the higher output pups when run through the Hagen, IME/YMMV

But godDAMN stoked for ya to be luvin' the Hagen!! And I have to say as well - YES - have a VH4 in the stable, but my Hagen (and, to be fair, my D-Moll is in there too) gets the most use outta the lot. Just amazing head - and the UberKab is "my preferred cab" for the Hagen when jammin/playing/gigging (no longer an option, thanks covid!!), the UberKab was just right in getting the amp to scream. My other fave cab is the FL-K100, hands down "most neutral" cab with amazing power handling. But for sonic eargasms?? The UberKab mated with the Hagen, it'll drop panties and powerchords in one fell swoop?

Keep us posted - and WELCOME TO THE HAGEN FAN CLUB!!
Unkle Mo

HAPPY NEW HAGEN DAY!!! :ROFLMAO: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

If ya haven't noticed - I'm a MASSIVE Hagen fan!! And yes, 100% correct - lower/moderate output pups are the shiz with this amp for standard tuning, half-step down, Drop-D standard, or Drop-D half step down; the moderate output pups are great - and I find "most" Diezels are tuned to be best with moderate output pups (or lower, between 7-9DCR). That said, if ya get into some ERGs or heavily dropped tunings, the more powerful pups can keep things from getting hazy. A lot has to do with player-hand technique, but ya, the flubbier strings and lows tend to like the higher output pups when run through the Hagen, IME/YMMV

But godDAMN stoked for ya to be luvin' the Hagen!! And I have to say as well - YES - have a VH4 in the stable, but my Hagen (and, to be fair, my D-Moll is in there too) gets the most use outta the lot. Just amazing head - and the UberKab is "my preferred cab" for the Hagen when jammin/playing/gigging (no longer an option, thanks covid!!), the UberKab was just right in getting the amp to scream. My other fave cab is the FL-K100, hands down "most neutral" cab with amazing power handling. But for sonic eargasms?? The UberKab mated with the Hagen, it'll drop panties and powerchords in one fell swoop?

Keep us posted - and WELCOME TO THE HAGEN FAN CLUB!!
Unkle Mo
Right on, thanks for the info! Ill definitely be posting in the coming weekends, the only time I get to jam really. I did get to play the Aristides 070s with M7s on Saturday and it was a match made in heaven! Mostly on CH2 for this post rock to post metal stuff I'm writing and recording, still using the OX Box Mesa cab.. need to mic up that Ubercab ASAP. I have a few records ill be releasing throughout the year and my main amps will probably be Hagen, KSR Artemis and Juno. So I'll have a good amount of riffs to AB.

The other amps I have access to are the 2020 SLO 100
JVM210H, Morgan SW50r, Reeves Space Cowboy, Orange Rockerverb 50, Mesa Road King II, 5150 III 50, JCM 800 and I belive some other Marshall reissue stuff so its gonna be a good time

I looked up the meaning of Hagen and it means "youthfull one"
I think that's the perfect description, it is full of life.

Been a Herbert player for a over a decade and love it. Got myself a Hagen a couple of months back. I wasn't disappointed. :D

I was able to dial in some pretty great tones already, but I definitely need to spend a week or so to get more sorted..
I feel like slightly less output pickups would be amazing with it, which I ordered some Guitarmory Foxbats back in April for my Aristides 070s but they still haven't shipped yet. The Hagen matched up well with both of my 7s tuned to Drop A and B. Tons of clarity and punch, warm and aggressive at the same time. A lot of definition and amazing touch response. I dialed pretty close to how I remembered my VH4 channel 3 sounded pretty quickly, but I think this is a whole different amp all together and I like it a little more so far, though I still need to try a newer VH4 as mine was a 2006.

Master volume was almost all the way open, channel volumes were anywhere from 2 to 3 o'clock. The gain is super fun to tweak on all channels because it's mostly all usable. I think I spent most of my time on channel 2, Its like the perfect compliment of classic and modern.. its a different beast than ive ever heard and its so addictive. Overall I think its the most unique and aggressive character of any amp I've played in a long time. Dry and wet sounding at the same time almost. CH1 was everything I was hoping for.. pristine and big, but can easily take it over the edge in any amount.

Definitely satisfied with the trade, though that Triamp 3 did sound great and huge, I think the Diezel is more pristine, dynamic and with a bit more personality. I'll be putting it up to my KSRs and my buddy's 2020 SLO on Saturday. I think I'll have some clips to post not this weekend but next. The only amps I'm looking for now are Wizard, 20th XTC and Cameron.
Did u end up comparing the hagen to the ksr juno? And how did it go?

Back