NAD EVH 5150 Iconic head, quick clip, W/D/W

acev

I had the amp for a few days now and it sounds really good. Dont miss my 5153, I had all three 50W version and liked the normal 6L6 Best. Iconic has a very good chug, sounds tight and punchy, fast response. This one stays.

Just a quick clip, room sound, W/D/W setup with 2x12 dry and 2x 1x12 wet, some delay and halfway some stereo chorus. Sloppy riffs.

Its a great amp, regardless of the price. It sounds better than Synergy 30 head + Powerball module I had, and it was double the price. I have it boosted with OD808 and its tight af under lots of gain. I only hit the 2 of of 10 on volume dial and it seems it likes some volume, feels good and inspiring to play.

Sounds good to me! Congrats on the new amp day!!! Great playing and song choices too.

To get anything to knock an iconic out of the park you’re not spending iconic money anymore, you’re spending 3x - 4x that and it’s splitting hairs difference an audience won’t notice anyway.

I have been wanting an iconic head but it’s hard to justify with my original OG modded 5150 II. I just fear getting the iconic and the 5150 sending it packing like it has so many other heads for so many years.

Thanks ! I had 50W Stealth and the matching cab 2x12 and it lasted two days. Iconic + Engl 2x12 blows it away for chugging.
Regular 6L6 was the best for me and I had it for couple of years, a good amp overall.

So far, I really like it.

What's the long term reviews as to reliability on these, I have seen some YT vids saying their Iconics broke three weeks after getting theirs, it could be a fluke.

I think your clip sounds great but I have a friend trying to decide between the 5153 EVH50, EVH100 watt or the Iconic and those few reports of the Iconics having some issues is leaning him towards the standard tube 5153's.

Back