NAD/NCD Orange Dark Terror and 80s 1965B

DanTravis62

Well, this week in "stuff I probably shouldnt have bought but it was a really good deal and I couldn't help myself."

I have a mini grab'n'go rig to make my tgp brethren proud!

The bad news: I only really wanted to dink around with the dark terror, but dude wouldn't split them up. I'll probably end up selling the cab

The good news: The mid 80s 1965B has the original G10L-35s, which I remember as being some of the better 10s celestion has ever put out It also has the weird faded salt and pepper grill cloth from the mid 80s that I think looks cool. and I got a ridiculous deal for both of them.

Now I just need some grab'n'go penny loafers and a 5 pound Baja tele and some cargo shorts on stage.

PXL_20221119_225519450.MP.jpg

PXL_20221119_225527666.jpg

Those 4x10s kick ass. Much tighter than a 4x12. I know you’re quick to sell the 4x10 but I’m dead serious run your Larry through it at volume before you make jokes about it. One of the most aggressive sounds I ever got was playing a buddies bravo through a 4x10.

Those 4x10s kick ass. Much tighter than a 4x12. I know you’re quick to sell the 4x10 but I’m dead serious run your Larry through it at volume before you make jokes about it. One of the most aggressive sounds I ever got was playing a buddies bravo through a 4x10.

Do they? I've heard those speakers (mid 80s G10L-35s) are the best 10s celestion ever did, but I haven't tried them before

Honestly most of my 10" experience is with Jenson/fender type setups, so that's the type of tone that I expect from them

I played the dark terror through it at dudes shop and it wasn't bad at all, perhaps a bit scooped

Do they? I've heard those speakers (mid 80s G10L-35s) are the best 10s celestion ever did, but I haven't tried them before

Honestly most of my 10" experience is with Jenson/fender type setups, so that's the type of tone that I expect from them

I played the dark terror through it at dudes shop and it wasn't bad at all, perhaps a bit scooped

Yeah I’m not kidding. I expect that little cabinet to drop your jaw when you crank through it. They get down man. It’s like a mix between a G12T75 and a G12M in a 10” package.

Back