NAD-NGD! *73' FRIEDMAN MARSHALL / BLACKIE STRAT CONTENT

RoidRage

Well... I'M OFF THE WAGON!!! :LOL: :LOL:

I Had not bought ANYTHING since Dec 09' when I got my Les Paul Trad Pro... So it's been almost a year and half I have remained strong... BUT The
Gas Won Out!

I Started This New Amp Project Last Christmas... Finding a Decent 73' Marshall Superlead 100... Right From the Hollywood Area. I was sent Gut Shots, and saw that this
was a Point To Point Version... IN 73' they had both Circuit Boards, and Hard Wired... But there was the photo evidence Terrut Board, and point to point mustard caps.

I had the Amp Delievered To Dave Friedman At RACKSYSTEMS, and Sent The Head Case To None Other Than Tolex GOD KERRY WRIGHT, in Fullerton, CA for complete Re-work.

Dave Did A Loaded Kitchen Sink For me w/LOOP, FAT, SAT & High End Contour As Well As a Re-Cap! Mr. Ronnie Wilde & I put it though It's Paces Last Night Playing it till 6:00am
This Morning.... The Caps have to fully Form, and I've got some Power Tubes in there I'm not familiar with but can Report I'm THRILLED So Far... Liking the BE w/ FAT & SAT
Engaged... With a guitar with a Hot Pickup installed, It's truely amazing what this combo does... Never Have I heard an Amp Be This HEAVY, with As Much Gain On Tap... And
Still Retain, it's Vintage - Organic Goodness!!! Dave Is Really A Genius :thumbsup:

As For KERRY WRIGHT The Pictures speak for themselves!... Absolutely PERFECT... EVEN THE INSIDE!!! PERFECT CORNERS (Nick Just Loved Them)... Just AMAZING... You get what you Pay For.

SuperLead_FRONT.jpg

SuperLead_Frt_Top.jpg

SuperLead_Left_3Qtr.jpg

SuperLead_BACK.jpg

NEXT:

The FENDER ERIC CLAPTON BLACKIE STRAT. This Axe Totally Blows Me away... It's the Best Playing Guitar I've ever put my hands on with this Special Soft V-Neck... And Altough it looks tame
It has Ferrocious Output with Active Tone Control... It puts out like a Hot Humbucker Hooker! :yes:

I have to Give Props and Much Thanks to Nick at Alto Music... Who let me endlessly go back and forth with this Artist Version, and the More expensive Custom Shop Version... The Conclusion was
That this Particular Artist Version had a Perfect Fret Job, for Ultra Low Action, and altough the finish was somewhat better on the Custom shop, This one Played it under the Table!!!

BLACKIE1.jpg

BLACKIE2.Jpg

BIG THANKS TO DAVE, KERRY & NICK FOR GETTING ME BACK ON THE DRUG HABIT... !!!
WHAT WILL BECOME OF ME! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ROID RAGE

Ohhhhhhhh man is that just awesome stuff! I'll bet that guitar into that amp is just incredible. Clips/vids when possible.

Jim

Hey.....you got it finally. She's a beauty an should sound just as good. Congrats bro.............

Cool Stuff Tony!! :rock:
I hear nothing but good things about Daves modded Marshalls.
Had alot of work done by Dave for my Randall MTS amps.....and it was all killer!
Love to hear that amp in person. :thumbsup:

Danno

You had another modded Marshall clip up awhile back that was killer! FJA maybe? I'd love to hear a clip of this one!

glassjaw7":8fedxkwz said:
You had another modded Marshall clip up awhile back that was killer! FJA maybe? I'd love to hear a clip of this one!
Think that was VOODOO if I remember.
How does this amp stack up against that?
Or the CCV perhaps? :D

Mailman1971":2xn434ia said:
glassjaw7":2xn434ia said:
Plus One on this :rock:

Mailman1971":3731ksiw said:
glassjaw7":3731ksiw said:
Dan, you are correct sir. I forget things on a regular basis. :LOL: :LOL:

glassjaw7":523csg4o said:
Mailman1971":523csg4o said:
glassjaw7":523csg4o said:
Dan, you are correct sir. I forget things on a regular basis. :LOL: :LOL:
Its my lucky cap...... :LOL: :LOL:

That head is tits!!!!

Guitar?? :dunno: Can't play 'em to save my life, but hey, she sure looks beautiful :yes:

So what's up, your jam space is in a gym, or your gym is in a jam space?? Lots of freeweights in the background.

Regardless, mega CONGRATS!!!

V.

Back