NAD TREMOVERB!!!

As a boost they are great as a stand alone distortion unit i'd rather let susan smith baby sit my kids than use a metal zone for my main tone.
Yeah I should’ve been more clear. As a boost and they do a pretty convincing cover of the hm2 sound.

The last setting on the list above is Adam's settings.
Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge of a Les Paul.

I got a chance to try the settings on the Orange to Modern and also dialed in a nice clean/break up when pushed setting on the Red channel in the Blues Mode.

Really pleased with the amp now! I still like the Red in modern and the Orange in clean but I prefer these settings right now. I think I backed off on the high end from the settings starting point.

Cabinet is an old Peavey with K85s and Creamback M65s in an X Pattern.

Boosting the Orange channel in Modern with my TS9 build is very tight.

I got a chance to try the settings on the Orange to Modern and also dialed in a nice clean/break up when pushed setting on the Red channel in the Blues Mode.

Really pleased with the amp now! I still like the Red in modern and the Orange in clean but I prefer these settings right now. I think I backed off on the high end from the settings starting point.

Cabinet is an old Peavey with K85s and Creamback M65s in an X Pattern.

Boosting the Orange channel in Modern with my TS9 build is very tight.
You always need to fine tune to your rig with all the setting.
Adam is using straight Orange. But the midrange max sounds good on all the modes. It brings out the punch and dynamics.

I have no issues with the loop in my Tverb. When I want to use an EQ in the loop I just set it to 100% and it’s fine. I’m not running cables longer than 3ft though. Not hearing any major difference in tone if I run with the loop engaged or bypassed.

Dude. This thing is so sick!! I have had so many variations of rectos over the years including a ksr modded two channel dual that was so nice. Ive al ways heard how lauded the tverbs were but never got one for some reason. I got one used on reverb and went and picked it up in ATL yesterday. I think @tighten used to own this one. Im now a believer. Took it to practice and hit it with a 33 pedal on orange cloned to modern through two mesa cabs and just laughed at how heavy it sounded. What a fuckin amp!
The tremoverb is one of the best mesa I have played/owned. I had a mid 90s model and it was really bad ass. It was an orange leather combo and it ruled. Miss that amp.

I have no issues with the loop in my Tverb. When I want to use an EQ in the loop I just set it to 100% and it’s fine. I’m not running cables longer than 3ft though. Not hearing any major difference in tone if I run with the loop engaged or bypassed.
It might be changed to a series loop. It's a pretty big tone change.

Also just to note;

There is,,,,, "loop in the circuit, but off",,,,,which is when you have only selected the loop for another channel than you are currently on, or have selected loop on all channels to be controlled by the footswitch.

And there is,,,,,,"loop bypassed", which is on the rotary control on the back. This removes the loop from the circuit, including the global output, the send-level, and the solo on models that have the solo feature.

Also just to note;

There is,,,,, "loop in the circuit, but off",,,,,which is when you have only selected the loop for another channel than you are currently on, or have selected loop on all channels to be controlled by the footswitch.

And there is,,,,,,"loop bypassed", which is on the rotary control on the back. This removes the loop from the circuit, including the global output, the send-level, and the solo on models that have the solo feature.
Yep. I keep it on loop bypassed or it sounds funny im curious if i have it modded to a serial loop if it will sound normal with it engaged…?

A big reason people find loop-bypass to be more tone-full or punchy is just that it's like running the send-level and channel volumes on max.
This way maximum signal is heading into those power tubes. I think that would be the case no matter is the loop was stock parallel or modded to serial.

That is why I posted earlier, or maybe it was another thread, that really to compare loop bypassed to loop engaged in a fair way you would have to max the send-level and have the channel volume at least at noon or above to get such a strong signal to the power-tubes.

Yep. I keep it on loop bypassed or it sounds funny im curious if i have it modded to a serial loop if it will sound normal with it engaged…?
No, you need the bass suck mod done. Parallel has nothing to do with it, which is what people think. The gain stage after the loop cuts a lot of bass. You need to increase the capacitor to pass more low-lows. I did it to my triple, and you can barely tell when the loop is on or off.

No, you need the bass suck mod done. Parallel has nothing to do with it, which is what people think. The gain stage after the loop cuts a lot of bass. You need to increase the capacitor to pass more low-lows. I did it to my triple, and you can barely tell when the loop is on or off.
Is it the same on the multi-watts? I've never noticed losing bass when using the loop.

A big reason people find loop-bypass to be more tone-full or punchy is just that it's like running the send-level and channel volumes on max.
This way maximum signal is heading into those power tubes. I think that would be the case no matter is the loop was stock parallel or modded to serial.

That is why I posted earlier, or maybe it was another thread, that really to compare loop bypassed to loop engaged in a fair way you would have to max the send-level and have the channel volume at least at noon or above to get such a strong signal to the power-tubes.
If I do what you say with my Tremoverb it is feeding way more signal to my power amp than bypass. It drastically changes the sound.

I don't think the loop is the same on all the different models.

Back