NAD: Uber OG

Bxlxaxkxe

Amp ho
One is cool, but two…

Top is Original, bottom is a Revision 2.

Hoping to find time to do some A/B clips as I don’t think any exist yet. Off the bat, they are different - but I also think this rev 2 is quite different from most other Ubers - even other rev 2’s.

IMG_2709.jpeg

A/Bing now with a head switcher. Most obvious difference is more high end and less mids on the rev 2 - it’s super aggressive and has that murderous “I’m coming for you” vibe. OG is richer in the mids with not as much as sting in the high end. Honestly loving both. Which I prefer almost just depends on the style of the riff more than anything

Is that the one that was on Reverb recently? I almost pulled the trigger but I didn't want to spend the coin just to figure out its only the gain pot difference like everybody including the Bogner crew themselves say. Now I'm bummed I didn't grab it to see LOL BUT...I'm definitely happy for you Blake. You deserve it and you always serve the community well with your epic clip vids.

With that said, I've also heard just about every uber from the OG's to the end of Rev 2's all sound different so there's that.

HNAD!

Its been over a decade since i played a OG uber, but i seem to recall it had bigger lows but also softer lows than the other ubers, and i agree not as much on the high end, my memory is a little hazy but i think it had more saturated gain and maybe less compressed than other ubers but forgive me if im wrong, its been a long time since i plugged into one.

Its been over a decade since i played a OG uber, but i seem to recall it had bigger lows but also softer lows than the other ubers, and i agree not as much on the high end, my memory is a little hazy but i think it had more saturated gain and maybe less compressed than other ubers but forgive me if im wrong, its been a long time since i plugged into one.
Wow pretty good memory man! Think I’d agree with all of that but I also think most of it may just be related to the taper of the gain pot, because as you increase gain, you increase low end and soften highs (true if pretty much all amps IME). And 9-10 o’clock is a lot of gain on the OG. Has to be up somewhere around 1-2 oclock on the rev 2 to be equivalent - but I haven’t really tested that “scientifically” yet. I’m going to hang on to both for a while and let the honeymoon rose tinted glasses wear off. I’m definitely feeling the OG right now.

And yea, I’ve now had 3 old Ubers and all of them have been different from each other.

Would be cool to get a kind of gauge of how the presence and master volume's change with different settings on each amp as both of those controls really define the midrange of those amps. Looking forward to hearing how they compare to each other. Love my Rev 2, I can't remember if you seemed to think yours sounded different to mine.

Would be awesome to see how different the insides are too.

Killer score, congrats.

Wow pretty good memory man! Think I’d agree with all of that but I also think most of it may just be related to the taper of the gain pot, because as you increase gain, you increase low end and soften highs (true if pretty much all amps IME). And 9-10 o’clock is a lot of gain on the OG. Has to be up somewhere around 1-2 oclock on the rev 2 to be equivalent - but I haven’t really tested that “scientifically” yet. I’m going to hang on to both for a while and let the honeymoon rose tinted glasses wear off. I’m definitely feeling the OG right now.

And yea, I’ve now had 3 old Ubers and all of them have been different from each other.
I find having the ch volume up very high (global volume lower to compensate) and treble also up very high (presence set low) helps a lot sharpen the highs and firm up the lows and also having the amp biased colder (more so than what the manual would recommend). I also set the mid knob lower

The controls are weird on these amps. I find lowering the mids and presence (opposite of what I’d do on most amps) helps make it sound less bloated/congested

Presence works like a regular Presence-Knob. Right?

I was kinda disappointed, when i discovered it was like this on my OG.
What about the Rev2? How does the Presence-Knob work?

Presence works like a regular Presence-Knob. Right?

I was kinda disappointed, when i discovered it was like this on my OG.
What about the Rev2? How does the Presence-Knob work?
No, it acts more like a midrange shift knob that gives your base tone anything from scooped fizzy death metal to wide open raw midrange. The OG, Rev 2 and blue all do this. The Ultra is an entirely different animal.

Is that the one that was on Reverb recently? I almost pulled the trigger but I didn't want to spend the coin just to figure out its only the gain pot difference like everybody including the Bogner crew themselves say. Now I'm bummed I didn't grab it to see LOL BUT...I'm definitely happy for you Blake. You deserve it and you always serve the community well with your epic clip vids.

With that said, I've also heard just about every uber from the OG's to the end of Rev 2's all sound different so there's that.

HNAD!

Appreciate that man I look forward to doing some clips. Yea man this is that one from reverb. A buddy of mine bought it, wasn’t feeling it and sold it to me

No, it acts more like a midrange shift knob that gives your base tone anything from scooped fizzy death metal to wide open raw midrange. The OG, Rev 2 and blue all do this. The Ultra is an entirely different animal.
Not on my OG. Behaved like a regular Presence-Knob.

I had them all, except for a Rev2.

I think the change in presence went somewhere later in the Rev 2’s. Both of my early Rev 2 had/has the regular presence behavior. My latest one had a presence like the Rev Blue, mid scoop.

Back