Nailbomb: Point Blank - Forgot how sick these tones were..

I think he used Rectos back in the day, and I think Alex Newport was definitely using a Marshall. Im guessing its a mix of the 2. Could be XXX, who knows. I know Max used a 3120, (same as XXX) in the Soulfly days back then, and still might.
I had read somewhere they were using JCM900s.

One of my favorite albums! Too bad they never did more.

I always figured it was a boosted JCM800.

The Peavey XXX wasnt even in production when the record was made. I talked to Alex Newport about the tones years ago. Alex used his old Marshall JMP head from the 70's with a Boss DS-2 Distortion pedal. Max was using an ADA MP-1 preamp back then with a JCM800...there's a picture in the CD booklet that shows his rack at the time. I have the email saved, i'll have to dig it up to get more of the details.

Reactions: LCW
The Peavey XXX wasnt even in production when the record was made. I talked to Alex Newport about the tones years ago. Alex used his old Marshall JMP head from the 70's with a Boss DS-2 Distortion pedal. Max was using an ADA MP-1 preamp back then with a JCM800...there's a picture in the CD booklet that shows his rack at the time. I have the email saved, i'll have to dig it up to get more of the details.
Yeah, I definitely don't hear XXX in those tones anyway.

I saw pics of the old JMP.

Love this album as much as any Sepultura album. Always loved the tones on this album. The info about the ada pre into the 800 seems correct as I knew Sepultura used that combination in that era.

Back