Need help 4 cable method noise problem

MKibanez

Hey guys, I tried to used my Line 6 Helix LT in 4 cable method with my Marshall JVM 410H, it makes a fu... noise my god.

When the Helix is plug in the effect loop only everything is perfect, silent no problem at all.

I tried to change the cables and no better results.

Here is a link to let you hear what it makes. Can somebody have a clue ?

Thanks guys

Yeah. I know this issue. $25 fix: Behringer HD400.

I have this issue with my Helix and Power Station when I go 4cm with a real amp then load with the power station back into the Helix.

Put the HD400 between the JVM and the Helix and I think you’ll be set.

Yeah. I know this issue. $25 fix: Behringer HD400.

I have this issue with my Helix and Power Station when I go 4cm with a real amp then load with the power station back into the Helix.

Put the HD400 between the JVM and the Helix and I think you’ll be set.
Does it colors the tone ?

Probably a ground loop, try disconnecting the shield on the cables going to and from the loop first. If that doesn´t work you need an iso transformer between the Helix and the input of the amp, just like Curl said. Transformers do color the tone to various degrees and if you´re running unbuffered guitar signal thru one specs and build quality does matter, but since you´re already going thru a Helix it is a low-impedance buffered signal and just about anything could potentially be fine.

I use a Morley/ Ebtech hum eliminator. It cuts a tiny bit of volume, not really noticeable.

Modding a cable is a good option too.

Known issue with some amps. My Friedman has the issue. I just use an ebtech hum eliminator to either the Return or the front. I just got off a tour with Igor from Line 6 doing sound and he just confirmed to me that many amps will suffer from a ground loop with 4CM

Probably a ground loop, try disconnecting the shield on the cables going to and from the loop first. If that doesn´t work you need an iso transformer between the Helix and the input of the amp, just like Curl said. Transformers do color the tone to various degrees and if you´re running unbuffered guitar signal thru one specs and build quality does matter, but since you´re already going thru a Helix it is a low-impedance buffered signal and just about anything could potentially be fine.
Here is the cable I have, do I cut one of those 2 cables?

Attachments

• 20220623_194103.jpg
    20220623_194103.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 20220623_194057.jpg
    20220623_194057.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
Back