Need help finding a cab

BrentSSL

Hey guys I'm looking for a 2x12 cab with G12T 75s to compliment my Mesa cab with v30s. What cabs come with decent British sounding speakers wired the same way as the mesa? Please let me know thank you I'm also looking for UK G12s not Chinese thanks.

It appears that there are several Marshall, Mesa, Orange and Egnater 2x12 cabs on Craigslist that would probably work great.

You could also contact Avatar and have them build one for you to your specs. That and their Hellatone speaker are a great (rebranded) buy. Dave there is super great to work with. They made me a Traditional 212, black w gold piping, closed back, with a G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80. I think it was less than $400 and shipped in 2 weeks. That was years ago, don't know the current rates. Great to deal with. Splawn does custom cabs too for $525 'ish I think still.

Ask those Craigslist guys what speakers are in those cabs and what ohms they are and go from there.

I will echo Splawn and I will also recommend KSR. A bit more than Avatar or Splawn but they are damn good quality and you can get practically any Celestion you want.

Kyle is the grand puba of customer service and will go the extra mile to get what you want. I'm not sure if they are available yet but he is coming out with a new 2x12 that is a bit more compact. He will wire them whatever way you want. Typically the 2x12's are 16 ohms but he wired mine for 8ohms.

Thanks for the heads up guys I'll look into those cabs do you know if they are UK made celestion G12T 75s?

Splawn, Mojo, Avatar are good options. I own one or two of all.

As far as speakers, Weber makes some nice stuff a have a bunch of their stuff.

If you have the money, there is always Scumback.

BrentSSL":lfsiodj0 said:
Thanks for the heads up guys I'll look into those cabs do you know if they are UK made celestion G12T 75s?
For the Avatars, you'd have to call and ask.
Splawn doesn't use the T75 but their Small Block speakers are real good. Scott does have V30s and Creambacks I believe.
For your Craigslist listings I saw - you'd have to ask.

Celestion t75's are no longer made in England. You would have to go used.

You have been posting so many cab topics, (nothing wrong with that) and see you have settled. I don't care for t75's and recs a whole lot,look for 85's

Back