Need help

Rezamatix":3shwnkld said:
I'm gonna be in the minortiy here and say get one of those little lunchbox amps.
Save your money, your never gonna turn it up?
So why get something that needs to be turned up?

Get an orange Dark terror or that 5150 lbx
Don't blow all your money on 1 big loud 100watt amp you will never get the real tone out of.

But a small 20 watt thing and buy some fun pedals, maybe add a guitar into the mix.

And there is nothing wrong with buying used, don't be that snob guy about that.

There is a Dmoll for sale on the guitar center used section, buy it.
If you don't like it you can return it to any guitar center.

In fact you could try many amps this way and only pay a small shipping fee to play them for 40 days.
I like this advice. :thumbsup:
I don't know how GC survives. I think there are allot of people that buy gear from them just to use for awhile to record, tour, etc.. and then take it back. What a rental policy they have. They are why the gear rental places all went under. :no:

I am in north dallas(Plano). I have a lot of amps you could try out if you are in my area. If you can't get the private message thing going,contact mailman Dan and he could get you my number. I have a Dmoll you can try,along with engl,Marshall,KSR,VHT and numerous others. Let's see if we can find you something you would like at a low volume.

I'd recommend a used clean EVH 5150 Stealth. There were a couple here on the Classifieds for stupid low prices a short while back.

Buy used if you can , just take your time and do your homework before you commit.

I think the 'low volume' thing only applies to vintage amps that have no taper, like a JCM 800...I know certain amps sound best louder, really that applies to any tube amp though. I've had a couple SLOs, sounded great at low volumes.

PatF":8ygom5tk said:
Ceriatone Son of Yeti and an AX8 and you still have enough left for a Les Paul.
I am with you! I have the SOY and it a beast of an amp all the metal you will ever need and really no pedals required for the gain. I cant say enough about the head it is wicked.

Thanks everyone. I have a while to decide but right now I'm thinking it's going to be either an EVH stealth or the diezel D-moll. I live in Groves Texas about 2hrs from Houston so I have very little opportunity to try out any high end amps as there are no store in my area that carry them, looks like a road trip may be in order...

Something else I should mention is when I say bedroom volumes, I don't necessarily mean whisper volumes but low enough to keep from killing the neighbors and everyone else in the house. Thanks again for all the feedback

Back