New Bogner Uberschall coming?

From what I've heard through the grapevine, it will have mini upper toggle switches like the XTC amp that change the voicing/character of the amp. It will have tones of the OG Uber all the way up to the current version. We shall see. I know people here hate Reza but anyone close to him in the know will tell you what its about. For me, proof is in the actual tone. I wanna hear it for myself in action rather than words.
He has a modded Uberschall that was apparently factory modded by Reinhold himself. Very different sound, tight and upper mid attack. I wonder if that's the basis for the new tone?

Although I have an Uberschall and I can say that I like it a lot, I hope the new version improves it in those little aspects that don't make me prefer it over other amps: volume jump between channels, overall sponginess and other.

I am also anxious to see/hear this one. I had a rev 2 a bit ago, and it was unique sounding to me. I even liked the clean channel, just not the low volume. It would be great if it had 3 ch, with the 2 and 3 ch capable of heavy and heavier, like how the JP2C concept is. Yet with mode switching for even more variety. Too bad about the price though. I'm guessing $3500. Still, it'd be great to check it out.

Hi all,

I got an email response from Jorg regarding an ETA on the Uberschall mk2. He told me the following:

"It looks like by end of this year (2022). Sorry, there has been lots of problems on all ends; I could write pages about it. Regards, Jorg"

Sounds like they are struggling with supply-chain issues, but it also sounds like there are other things going on (health comes to mind).

The amp will come out. The question is, will we see a production run by Q4 2022? I believe Bogner should announce a pre-order to get things rolling. Thoughts?

The new one should be called a mk4, no?

Original
Rev Blue
Twin Jet

2022 model (#4). The Uberschall will one day be the perfect amp by the mk7 Rev. 3 edition.

The new one should be called a mk4, no?

Original
Rev Blue
Twin Jet

2022 model (#4). The Uberschall will one day be the perfect amp by the mk7 Rev. 3 edition.
It would actually be model #5.

All versions listed below:

- Original
- Revision 2 (AKA Revision Green)
- Revision Blue
- Twin Jet (which is based on Revision Blue)

It would actually be model #5.

All versions listed below:

- Original
- Revision 2 (AKA Revision Green)
- Revision Blue
- Twin Jet (which is based on Revision Blue)
IIRC the taper of the gain pot was literally the only difference between the Original and Rev. 2 (Green). A/B'd closely they sounded 99.9% identical to me. Perhaps by original you're referring to the 6550 prototype?

IIRC the taper of the gain pot was literally the only difference between the Original and Rev. 2 (Green). A/B'd closely they sounded 99.9% identical to me. Perhaps by original you're referring to the 6550 prototype?
I'm with you and I completely understand what you mean, but still, collectors/players classify the "original" and "rev green" as individual things.

This thread covers the whole topic:

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/differences-between-uberschall-original-and-rev-green.192674/

I'm afraid to watch it because I'm really not a fan of the sound he gets in all his clips. There is zero body to his sound. It's all fizz and treble and raspiness. I don't hear what other people hear who rave about how great all his videos sound. It's like putting your ear right up onto a speaker cone. Maybe it's how/where he mics? I dunno. Just sounds like plugging a Line6 POD into a computer or something.

Last edited:
I thought the clip had several areas that sounded like it had a more forward and Marshally sound to it. It was every bit as thick and complex as I’d expect an Uber to be, however seemed less dark than my Rev 2. All that said, we both know the only way to hear an amp and decide what you think of it is to be in the room, plug in your favorite guitar, and jam.
I'm afraid to watch it because I'm really not a fan of the sound he gets in all his clips. There is zero body to his sound. It's all fizz and treble and raspiness. I don't hear what other people hear who rave about how great all his videos sound. It's like putting your ear right up onto a speaker cone. Maybe it's how/where he mics? I dunno. Just sounds like plugging a Line6 POD into a computer or something.

I like it as well. Whats the best email to get in touch with those guys since their site is shit?
I own 3 Bogners so a fan of that sound, thanks!

Back