New Guy! And a JJ question.....

Bry Guy

Hello all!

Bryan here from south Louisiana ( the "other" LA!).

I'm a gigging guitar player in a local rock band.

I'm a long time Mesa Dual Recto player but I have to honestly say I am floored by the sound of the JJ, both clean and gain.

Now I know the head is geared towards the matching cab, but financially I'd rather take one step at a time.

So my question is this.

Will a JJ get along well the Mesa cab? It's loaded with a set of nicely broken in Vintage 30s.

Thanks up front!

The JJ will sound great and get along well with the Mesa 2x12.
I'm using my JJ with a Bogner OS2x12 now, which sounds very similar to the Mesa cab, and it's terrific.
The JJ is a fantastic amp.

Im playing my be100 through a mesa oversized cab. I did throw 2 greenbacks in top but it sounds great. Eventually gonna scoop up a friedman 4x12 to match it.

I'm gonna start off with a Friedman 2X12 for smaller gigs. I'm just waiting to hear from the company to make sure they can make one with the Vintage Grille cloth to match the JJ head.

I play my BE-100 through the Mesa Recto 2x12 with V-30s and sounds amazing.
Was playing it through my Bogner 4x12 with V-30s but that beast was becoming too big and heavy to lug around to smaller gigs so I got the Mesa 2x12.
I know a lot of folk look down on V-30s but to me they are the best speakers for loud, aggressive, rock that cuts through stage mix.

Plus the Mesa 2x12 already comes with heavy duty casters and a very nice cover so I was all set!

Well I went ahead and ordered a Friedman 2X12. It will be here tomorrow.

The Mesa 2X12 was very tempting but I do intend on owning a JJ at one point so I figured I'd have a matching set.

I also want to give a shout out to Sweetwater and Friedman for working together to get me exactly what I wanted.

I wanted a black 2X12 but with a vintage grille. So my Sweetwater guy got it touch with Friedman and Friedman made it happen!

I can't wait for it to arrive. I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

I admit I was tempted to get the LE blonde cab and JJ head but I was afraid the head wouldn't be available when I had enough money to buy one. So I stuck with basic black.

Back