New Mesa Boogie Amp: Badlander Rectifier

The name didn't bug me at first, but mentions of it being a loose connection to the band Badlands and the lame low gain Mesa demo is a let down for me. Plenty of cock rock amps out there. Was hoping this would be more metal honestly. Not that it can't obviously Ola shows us the goods. But every old codger on TGP is stroking it based on the clean and crunch....

Oh well, won't be canceling that 5150 III Stealth 50w that I have on backorder just yet... ;) lol

"But every old codger on TGP is stroking it based on the clean and crunch...."
why would someone's age or needs in an amp ever be an issue?

Cool amp! I like all of the features on it and what I have heard so far is great! Can't wait to hear more. The 50W in a rackmount would be what I would be interested in at this point.

Sounded great to me... I never had a recto but I kind of want one... now I'm torn between picking up a cheaper used dual rec or the badlander... Name wise I picture some rough rugged looking SUV made by Toyota :ROFLMAO:

Oh man that sounds glorious. Great features built in too. :thumbsup:
There needs to be a 150w version. Then I might be interested.
The name didn't bug me at first, but mentions of it being a loose connection to the band Badlands and the lame low gain Mesa demo is a let down for me. Plenty of cock rock amps out there. Was hoping this would be more metal honestly. Not that it can't obviously Ola shows us the goods. But every old codger on TGP is stroking it based on the clean and crunch....

Oh well, won't be canceling that 5150 III Stealth 50w that I have on backorder just yet... ;) lol
you need a 5150iii is all you have is that little mesa..heh..

Reactions: LCW
This amp reminds me that Dave Friedman said in a Pete Thorn podcast 6 months ago that there was an amp with built in IR’s in the works.

Seems that’s the future of tube amps.

Don't you know? Son, old gear is ALWAYS better than new gear.

You're a noob so I'll ignore your ignorance.

Just messing with ya.
i have more gear than guitar center. i have jcm 800 2203 ,fender bassman heads FENDER TWIN ,Soldando slo ,jcm2204 friedman be100 and many others . over 25 heads alone from 70s on up.. just dont feel the need to list all of my gear! on here..lol.. like you have for no reason.. i may be a nood as you call it on this site. but! NOT TO MUSIC GEAR! i have over 40 years in the industry....and have worn out more amps ! than you will ever own...SON!....

Reactions: 155
This amp reminds me that Dave Friedman said in a Pete Thorn podcast 6 months ago that there was an amp with built in IR’s in the works.

Seems that’s the future of tube amps.

Is not the first amp from Mesa with the CabClone built in.
Never tried it, but don't like the idea to have something i might never use inside the amp.

No. A dual rectifier is called a dual rectifier because it uses two rectifier tubes. Just like a triple rectifier is called a triple rectifier because it uses three rectifier tubes and a single rectifier is called a single rectifier because it uses one rectifier tube.
No, because a single rectifier is 50 watts which is why it uses silicon (diodes) and a tube rectifier, a dual rectifier uses diodes and 2 rectifier tubes because it's 100 watts. The common rectifier tubes do (about)50 watts each, hence a 10 watt head needs two tubes.

Is not the first amp from Mesa with the CabClone built in.
Never tried it, but don't like the idea to have something i might never use inside the amp.

But it’s the first that lets you load third party IR’s, I think.

I love the inclusion of IR’s in amps. It’s a great solution to give you different sounds and more flexibility to play at home or live.

A single rectifier has zero rectifier tubes.

the original naming convention (dual rectifier meaning two rectifiers - solid state or tube, see the other Mesa dual rectifier amp such as blue angel) kinda went out the window when the triple rectifier came out. Kinda wish they just called the triple the ‘dual rectifier coliseum’.
NO, the single rec has a rectifier tube, the triple has THREE of them, I have a triple sitting here, what do you think the silicon OR vacuum tube switch is for on the back ?

Screen-Shot-2020-11-16-at-3-36-02-PM.png

Why no 16 Ohm tap... why??????

Back