new Nickleback

I think fluff and ben eller made some
Killer videos of it, im sure you saw those though. They always do a great job showcasing stuff, especially Ben since he’s such a phenomenal player. But hey if you tried it, it is what it is!
I’ve seen Fluff’s video of it. I actually unsubscribed a while ago to him though for hyping up too much gear that were big letdowns for me. Haven’t seen Ben’s video. Very solid player like you said, but I think over the years I’ve gotten pretty good at viewing good tone and good playing as there own independent things, kinda like this thread to get back on topic. They had a really killer sound, but that’s independent from the quality of their musical content. Many of my favorite players and songs imo actually had bad tone. I think more guys should be able to acknowledge the good and bad parts in all this stuff and not just view it as a singular package unless you’re strictly a consumer. I’m not just a hater when I commented for example on EVH’s leadwork. If I didn’t like anything about him I would’ve just said nothing

I’ve seen Fluff’s video of it. I actually unsubscribed a while ago to him though for hyping up too much gear that were big letdowns for me. Haven’t seen Ben’s video. Very solid player like you said, but I think over the years I’ve gotten pretty good at viewing good tone and good playing as there own independent things, kinda like this thread to get back on topic. They had a really killer sound, but that’s independent from the quality of their musical content. Many of my favorite players and songs imo actually had bad tone. I think more guys should be able to acknowledge the good and bad parts in all this stuff and not just view it as a singular package unless you’re strictly a consumer. I’m not just a hater when I commented for example on EVH’s leadwork. If I didn’t like anything about him I would’ve just said nothing

Yea man I agree. Fluff says he doesn’t put up anything he doesn’t personally like, butttt im
Not sure I believe that. Maybe in the beginning, but not as “big” as he is now. Check out bens video, really fantastic tone I think, but he makes everything sound great.

Im not the pussy jumping on someone in a thread, so I think we know how that would probably turn out. I guess there is nothing wrong with being that clown that sucker punches someone that actually isn’t involved in a fight and tried to kick someone while they are down. But hey, what do I know, I can’t relate to you whatsoever.
The pussy calling the kettle black. Interesting reply...

I know how it would turn out....
monty-python-fart.gif

I’m not buying what fluff is selling. He says everything rules, blah, blah, I think not.

I like Nickelback. They’re today’s “Post-Pyromania Def Lep”. Not everybody’s cup o’ tea, but why yuck somebody’s yum? Who cares? Pretty sure they don’t. It’s almost like trying to change peoples’ minds with political posts on Facebook - “oh - yes, now I understand, and you’ve changed my mind,” -said no one ever…

Millions buy their stuff, and millions bash them, but millions also probably go to the bank.

I’m not buying what fluff is selling. He says everything rules, blah, blah, I think not.
A lot of times other guys would also say great things and then Fluff would be like the thing that would finally push me over the edge to try it. Now if anything those YouTubers make me want to not try what they hype up, especially Louis Torres channel, who also btw was the first guy I ever saw really hype up the dirty tree. Others seemed to discover it way later than him

A lot of guys here too though hype stuff up, not bad intentioned, but I think more so just from the excitement of getting new gear and not necessarily comparing it to other stuff. I always try to be as accurate as I can, AB and do my homework before giving an opinion, so I don’t usually say anything too crazy even if it’s the best thing I’ve tried in its category

This is why I and others are not a fan:

You could do the same with Metallica; Enter Sandman and King Nothing.

You could do it with many bands
Signers tend to use keys and patterns that suit their ranges

Just like guitarist have favourite keys and little licks that they will repeat in different keys Lynch Wylde they have all played their patterns or boxes many times

guitars sound HUGE, would like to know what amps were used.

I get it. Lyrics are lame AF, it's a cheese fest .... but I'll take this all damn day over what's on the radio.
From the video shots and past albums it’s Triple Rectifiers

Yea man I agree. Fluff says he doesn’t put up anything he doesn’t personally like, butttt im
Not sure I believe that. Maybe in the beginning, but not as “big” as he is now. Check out bens video, really fantastic tone I think, but he makes everything sound great.

I’ll check out Ben’s vid. Maybe Fluff just has bad taste haha or is just such a good liar that it eventually worked on himself idk. I don’t recall hearing tones in Fluff’s channel that impressed me honestly, but I admit I wouldn’t have the recording skill yet to necessarily do better. I should learn since I’ve got good gear, but just not that passionate about recording

I’ve been a fan since they were still Indi. First time I heard Leader of Men on the radio in Vancouver I was sold

The ORIGINAL video

Back