new Nickleback

Exactly. It is popular here in Canada to call them bro Rock and posers etc but the bottom line is that you have to respect the fact that they have had a few solid catchy radio hits and slick production. They are a bunch of dudes that like playing rock music. They do it for a living and pull some huge bro crowds. Nothing wrong with that. It is almost like people want them to hate themselves for being what they are. I'm not a fan personally but why would I shit on someone else's fun?

As for the song, I thought it was good but reminded me of Dango Jones. Not necessarily a bad thing but sort of had that sort of feel. Dango is actually an interesting artist. He rocks hard live.
Do you mean Danko Jones? Saw him at a club in Seattle in the early 2000’s. Pretty fun show.

The Nickleback hate has nothing to do with the talent of the band or their production quality. It’s all about the douche factor, which is VERY high with this band, especially the main guy. Talented? Yes. Douche? Yes.
A sound guy I know said they played his club right before the blew up and said chad was a HUGE douche. He said they walked in and chad said “great, another old sound guy” (which he wasn’t all that old” then wanted a mic stand with the round base. The sound guy said they didn’t have any and that they just go some new stands so he gave him one of those. First song in chad stepped on the base and bent it over backwards purposely while staring at the sound guy. Said the rest of the guys were cool

A sound guy I know said they played his club right before the blew up and said chad was a HUGE douche. He said they walked in and chad said “great, another old sound guy” (which he wasn’t all that old” then wanted a mic stand with the round base. The sound guy said they didn’t have any and that they just go some new stands so he gave him one of those. First song in chad stepped on the base and bent it over backwards purposely while staring at the sound guy. Said the rest of the guys were cool

I don’t doubt it. Alot of these guys are assholes. My wife’s ex drove axe roses bus for 10+ years, unreal stories. They say never meet your idols, you’ll be severely let down when you find out what kind of people many of them are. Carcass was like that for me. Couldn’t believe what a dick Jeff walker was when I met him.

I don’t doubt it. Alot of these guys are assholes. My wife’s ex drove axe roses bus for 10+ years, unreal stories. They say never meet your idols, you’ll be severely let down when you find out what kind of people many of them are. Carcass was like that for me. Couldn’t believe what a dick Jeff walker was when I met him.
I met Jeff & Carcass when they played a place in West Palm Beach called " The Foundation" Formerly "The Pit" He was nothing but Nice & Amazing to speak with. He explained to me about thier guitar set up at the time which was extremely simple. 5150 boosted by a Marshall Gov'Nor Pedal.

I met Jeff & Carcass when they played a place in West Palm Beach called " The Foundation" Formerly "The Pit" He was nothing but Nice & Amazing to speak with. He explained to me about thier guitar set up at the time which was extremely simple. 5150 boosted by a Marshall Gov'Nor Pedal.

It wasn’t that he was so much a dick to me personally, it was more a few my friends I was with and the bands they were in. Publicly calling them out because a producer decided to “drop” carcass in favor of another band. Which wasn’t the case Af all. And then afterwards didn’t say hi to us at all, I just thought that was pretty shitty and childish, especially in public on stage.

Gonna let that one just marinate…you have no reputation risk, however.

You’re mad because you tried a cheap joke at someone’s mom, and then are mad when they make a mom joke back… you can’t make this shit up. Also I’m not even sure what you were trying to say.

It wasn’t that he was so much a dick to me personally, it was more a few my friends I was with and the bands they were in. Publicly calling them out because a producer decided to “drop” carcass in favor of another band. Which wasn’t the case Af all. And then afterwards didn’t say hi to us at all, I just thought that was pretty shitty and childish, especially in public on stage.
I Met him right after Heartwork came out. I Used to walk into that club like i worked there & start helping roadies move things. i saw a lot of free shows that way.

I Met him right after Heartwork came out. I Used to walk into that club like i worked there & start helping roadies move things. i saw a lot of free shows that way.

Ah man, I bet those shows were absolutely killer. I did fanboy hard years ago when I found out Keith Andrew’s lives in town, the engineer on heartwork. He does tons of tech work locally and is the head tech at full sail. I got to pick his brain a bit on that record, but just about everything about it is available online. I believe he even has like a 10 page print out on it somewhere online. Interesting guy. Super British humor haha.

Do you mean Danko Jones? Saw him at a club in Seattle in the early 2000’s. Pretty fun show.
lol yes sorry not Django unchained.. DANKO. Total slip up there. But yeah, just a straight ahead rocker who has good tone and actually is a pretty talented singer in the way he can sort of jive sing and get a ton of vocals into a passage but then hit the big chorus.

Back