New Ozzy DVD with Randy

racer_j

Yanked from another forum.

Ozzy Osbourne is planning on releasing a concert DVD later this year featuring never-before-seen footage of his band — including late guitarist Randy Rhoads — performing in 1981. Ozzy wrote yesterday (Friday, January 22) on his Twitter profile after viewing the Randy-era material, "I'm speechless."

Osbourne is currently recording his new studio album for a tentative July release. Bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson tweeted on Friday, "Been in the studio all week tracking the new Ozzy record. Should be done with my parts by Sunday."

Ozzy's next album, his first since 2007's "Black Rain", will include such songs as "Let It Die" and "Diggin' Me Down" and "Soul Sucka". The record will be the first to feature Ozzy's new guitarist, Greek native Gus G., who replaced longtime axeman Zakk Wylde in Ozzy's band last year.

"People are going to say, 'Oh, you're falling out with Zakk,'" Ozzy tells RollingStone.com. "No, I haven't fallen out with Zakk. I mean, he does need me anymore, Zakk. He actually has his own fucking thing, you know. I knew I had to get another guitar player for a while. I just kept putting it off and putting it off."

"Black Rain" was certified gold on December 14, 2007 by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for shipments in excess of 500,000 copies in the United States.

The album was reissued on November 20, 2007 as a "Special Limited-Edition Tour Package" featuring a bonus CD of live tracks and B-sides.

"Black Rain" debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard album chart, with first-week sales of 152,000 copies.

Jason

I'm actually looking forward to a non Zakk Ozzy ablum. I hope it's a return to some good music.

SFW":ulms8bll said:
I'm actually looking forward to a non Zakk Ozzy ablum. I hope it's a return to some good music.
amen...he's finally gone. :LOL: :LOL:

Randy years :rock:
Jake years :thumbsup:
Zakk years :thumbsup: excessive pick squeals :confused: even more pick squeals :doh: pick squeals after every damn lyric :gethim:

if i wanna hear awsome metal with Gus G, i turn on dream evil, mystic prophecy, firewind, etc.

im more interested in zakk's new material. at least there wont be autotune all over it.

the randy footage would be cool to see though :yes: :rock:

SFW":1dqxq65c said:

My thoughts exactly, I'm looking forward to this. He should follow it up with an Ultimate Sin live DVD, Jake, Phil & Randy.

If the DVD is the after hours thing, it would be nice for the rest of the world to get a peek, as it's available as a boot leg. I hope that if it's a concert, they have the audio as well. I can't even watch Live and Loud (which I like the audio of), as it wasn't even the same footage as what was playing. (scenes of Ozzy with a shirt, cut to zakk, cut back to ozzy without a shirt, cut to zakk, back to ozzy with a shirt). :doh:

As to the new recording, I can't wait. Gus has been a favorite of mine for five years now. The kid is amazing and I think he will really bring back some old school Ozzy (16th note riffs ala Bark at the Moon, I don't know, Over the mountain).

I'm curious as to how $haron will edit the bass and drums out of the video? :LOL: :LOL: :no:

I guess if it's Rudy and Tommy, she won't have too.

I'm sure I'll be checking out any new Ozzy and Zakk stuff, not expecting much but I'll check it out.

Jason

I'm very skeptical that this will be cool. If it was that great i think they would have released it years ago when Randy mania was at it's height. Of course I'll still buy it even if it's just video of Randy picking his nose.

Chubtone":197y3wc6 said:
I'm very skeptical that this will be cool. If it was that great i think they would have released it years ago when Randy mania was at it's height. Of course I'll still buy it even if it's just video of Randy picking his nose.

Yep, agreed...I'm completely skeptical too...

Bout dam time..
I thought Ozzy said he had plenty of Randy film footage back in the 90's, except he said he wouldn't watch any of it or go over any of it, And he wasnt ready to release it..

I know there is also PBS NY & I think BBC footage..
PBS NY Footage was 4-5 songs with Ozzy and Randy from Diary of a Madman..
BBC I think it was BBC footage from Blizzard of Oz, they used some of the footage for the Crazy Train Video for the Tribute album it was either this or the previously mentioned footage..
But the footage from one of these was definitely used in the Crazy Train vid...

I had both on one VHS tape til it got damaged years ago..

Ozzy has released many clips from the After Hours show on the Crazy Train Video for the "Tribute" album and on the "Dont Blame Me" home video, as well as on the Down To Earth cd rom. I'm sure hes well aware of that footage.

There were some shows back then that filmed the band and used clips in-between interviews. Maybe thre are full versions of those songs. There's also footage from the 'Diary' tour soundcheck

OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Check out this cool clip of a guy made for Over The Mountain (IT"S FAKE)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=16712841

donbarzini":judujmrz said:
shredhead7":judujmrz said:
If the DVD is the after hours thing, it would be nice for the rest of the world to get a peek, as it's available as a boot leg

I hope it's more than the After Hours footage. If it is from an actual concert, I hope it is pro footage and not some 8mm bootleg.

8mm bootleg? Wasn't that Rudy Sarzo's nickname? :LOL: :LOL:

Chubtone":20h3xwzz said:

I have my doubts too. Even with the Randy tribute album I read that the album was really all about Ozzy in the sense that a lot of randys best live performances couldn't be used because Ozzy's vocals were pathetic and/or embarrassing. They just picked the songs where Ozzy had his best nights and put those on the album :doh: . I would really like to pick this up (since I'm a Randy fanboi) but I'd have to at least find out how much Randy content there is on it first or hear and see some of the footage on YouTube or something. I'm glad to see a fresh guitarist for ozzy finally as zakk just doesnt do it for me, he can just go back to pinching harmonics for BLS :LOL: :LOL:

Chubtone":1h9gk5ql said:

rhoads was the main reason i picked up the git and i'd love to see some live, tribute-quality footage. the "break" in suicide solution on tribute (before the solo) absolutely kills. he's wanking and wailing and it sounds so killer.

can't wait to see it

Motorpud":2cz6qlp7 said:
Chubtone":2cz6qlp7 said:

I have my doubts too. Even with the Randy tribute album I read that the album was really all about Ozzy in the sense that a lot of randys best live performances couldn't be used because Ozzy's vocals were pathetic and/or embarrassing. They just picked the songs where Ozzy had his best nights and put those on the album :doh: . I would really like to pick this up (since I'm a Randy fanboi) but I'd have to at least find out how much Randy content there is on it first or hear and see some of the footage on YouTube or something. I'm glad to see a fresh guitarist for ozzy finally as zakk just doesnt do it for me, he can just go back to pinching harmonics for BLS :LOL: :LOL:

Not really true about the Tribute album, cos Ozzy went and fixed all his vocals anyway. The Album is mainly from a show in Cleveland and Randy's solo is from Montreal - Both shows are widely available on the net, Randy does play better fills and is more 'on' for the Montreal show.

zz666":3owvtf4g said:
Motorpud":3owvtf4g said:
Chubtone":3owvtf4g said:

Not really true about the Tribute album, cos Ozzy went and fixed all his vocals anyway. The Album is mainly from a show in Cleveland and Randy's solo is from Montreal - Both shows are widely available on the net, Randy does play better fills and is more 'on' for the Montreal show.

Yeah you might be right, however I remember reading pretty clearly somewhere that there were songs from at least 3-4 different shows on that album. Typically for me, I don't remember the source anymore but it was probably either a guitar mag or the net somewhere :doh: . Either way I guess it doesn't really matter anyway :dunno:

EDIT: Found this, says it's from Cleveland, Montreal, and a couple other songs are taken from earlier shows on the blizzard of ozz tour.

http://avaxhome.ws/music/metal/heavy_me ... anese.html

donbarzini":1sm9xrtz said:
zz666":1sm9xrtz said:

Fake. That is Brad Gillis "Speak of the Devil" live footage edited with other footage of Randy.

good call. I thought something was fishy with the way Ozzy looked. In the first few shots I could tell he looked like the "bloated and worn out" Gillis/Torme/Lee era singer instead of his days with Randy.

Back