NEW RANDALL BROWN EYE MODS AVAILABLE

RACKSYSTEMS

So I was playing around and came up with a Brown eye mod for the Randall plexi. Could also do a hairy version on the sl+. It sounded great and sounded very close to the mod. Dave

Dave,

I am curious about your mods and the different names as to what the sonic differences are as well .

like .
Plexi Plus ,Brown Eye, Angry Hippie are these all varations on a theme or drastically different?

Dave, How is the Brown Eye mod for the plexi module compared to your mod on the Brahma?
Which one is a little more "aggressive" so to speak. Love your modded SL+ and the modded Brahma and was wondering if the Brown eye mod fell in the middle of the 2?
Thanks!
Dan

The Brown Eye mod has a little more gain then the Brahma and is a little more raw sounding with a little less bass, so tighter. Dave

Plexi + Brown Eye sounds awesome..

Could you mod any specific module to the Custom 45 sound?

Are any of your mods "switchable"? For instance, Plexi= normal, one position, flick switch for Brown Eye?
thx!

RACKSYSTEMS":2r8u2e8g said:
Well not to many so far. I have done the sl2 and I have a few more coming to do. Dave

I have 11 Egnater modules at Daves place now that will be going in my rig he is building, some of which Dave will be messing with. :rock:

rareguitar":1qlixvj9 said:
RACKSYSTEMS":1qlixvj9 said:
Well not to many so far. I have done the sl2 and I have a few more coming to do. Dave

I have 11 Egnater modules at Daves place now that will be going in my rig he is building, some of which Dave will be messing with. :rock:
:rock:

rareguitar":2qlcl8oq said:
RACKSYSTEMS":2qlcl8oq said:

So do you have 3 Egnater M4s? what kind of reverb are you using? How do you switch between M4 modules, I figure you are running all 3 M4s into a VHT 2/90/2? Are you doing pedals and or an effects unit? And last question (for the moment) what mods are being done to which modules? Would luv to see pics when its done. Im running guitars into TC Gsystem-M4 in loop-5-Digitech IPS33B in loop 1-2 GCX switchers ,1 not used-1 with pedals (Fullertone fat boost,BK Butler Tube Driver,Boss GE-7,Voodoo labs chorus,Hartman Germanium Fuzz)in loop 2-RT2/50 (6l6,el34 tubes)

second half Guitar into M4-Furman RV-1 reverb-RT2/50 (SVETL 6550 tubes) 20 space Rack. Oh and there is a Carvin Quad X in there but i will probably yank it out and sell it,since I bought the Egnater M4 I cant get a sound out of ch2-3 that i like, i still like Ch1 clean and ch4 overdrive but i can get that out of the Egnater.

jlbaxe":32oi8g8t said:
rareguitar":32oi8g8t said:
RACKSYSTEMS":32oi8g8t said:

So do you have 3 Egnater M4s? what kind of reverb are you using? How do you switch between M4 modules, I figure you are running all 3 M4s into a VHT 2/90/2? Are you doing pedals and or an effects unit? And last question (for the moment) what mods are being done to which modules? Would luv to see pics when its done.

My rig being built actually consists of this:

Furman Power Conditioner
Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra
Bogner Fish Reissue
Egnater M4 w/ MHG, ERECT, EG3/4, EG5
Egnater M4 w/ BMAN, VOX, D/V, COD
RJM RG16 Switcher
VHT 2/50/2 Power Amp
Rack Shelf: MXR EVH Phaser, MXR EVH Flanger, Fulltone OCD, Lumos Boost, PP2, PPAC

Egnater MOD100 at the bottom with T/D, SL and SL2

Board: Access Electronics FX-1 Midi Controller, Fulltone Deja Vibe Stereo, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, EB Volume Jr, Korg Tuner

Into 4 Egnater 2x12 cabs. All wired, labeled and programmed by Dave.

Dave is going to tweak some of the modules with his thoughts.

I will ask Dave to document the build with photos and hopefully some video so you guys can see the kind of work he does. :thumbsup:

That sounds like a great setup. Eric (aeroic) on here had his amp tech mod a vht 2/50/2 to accept svlts 6550 tubes. Hey the Fed X guy just came here about 30 min ago and brought me the Monster 3500, Thanks Dave and Brad! Now to move the Carvin AC120 out or just put it where the Carvin QuadX is at just above the Egnater M4s and RT 2/50s.

Dave one quick question:I have a Hartman Germanium fuzz pedal, its reverse polarity, and if i use a rev. pol. plug in my one spot it shuts every thing down.If I use a seperate adapter it still wont work, if i use a 9 volt battery and put it on the floor with guitar into it first it works. This pedal is funny and has to be first in the chain or it doesn't sound right does this have to do with sharing a ground and it is rev polarity and it only works in the gcx switcher on a 9 volt battery? The prob is i forget to unplug the input on it and the battery dies and I tried a 9volt plug where the battery goes and that does not work. Any great words of wisdom for me....lol

Well first it has to have its own power and then you have to know what polarity the connector is could be tip + or -. You can't share. Oh and yes that pedal wants to see the guitar first. Dave

Thanks Dave. I think i will run the Fulltone F-B,Maxon OD808 and Boss GE-7 into the TC G system and use the one spot just for the Hartman. the Hartman is tip neg and i have the one spot adapter for it,I hope. We will see if that works.

Dave,
I have a SL+ you modded for me last year. Now, is there a big difference between your SL+ mod and the Hairy Brown eye mod? I would love to get that SL+ to the HBE mod but am not sure if there will be a big difference or not. Love the SL+ the way it is now....but your clip of the HBE has me DYING for that mod. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dan

Back