New Synergy Modules! We can finally talk about them! 2C+!!!

JerEvil

So these images are finally in the wild. I have known about the IIC+ for a good while now, but the Herbert is also leaked. There's 2 more coming that I know of as well.

FWceOEg.jpg

6ok7S5V.jpg

I am stoked for both of these to be honest.

Damn that's dope. Is the 2C officially from Mesa, or Egnater?
Egnater. No official Mesa partnership. I found out about this like 3 or 4 months ago and I have been stoked since. There's another cool one coming as well but it's not been leaked so I am staying "mum" about it as well.

So let me get this straight... Jer's short list:

Super Cool. Super popular. Has awesome gear. Plays great. Sings like King Diamond. Plays in not one, but TWO cover bands. Has a hot wife (his words not mine) and now.... now he is an industry insider??! Who is this guy! When are we going to have to start paying for the privilege to know this man online?

Back on track, I don't think you will ever see Mesa, Marshall, or Peavy (or EVH) get on board with this so Egnater and company is the next best thing.

So let me get this straight... Jer's short list:

Super Cool. Super popular. Has awesome gear. Plays great. Sings like King Diamond. Plays in not one, but TWO cover bands. Has a hot wife (his words not mine) and now.... now he is an industry insider??! Who is this guy! When are we going to have to start paying for the privilege to know this man online?
ha! Yet I still can't get to 5K subs on YouTube! LOL!

Agreed, you'll not see partnerships most likely outside of the BAD circle of friends, which is fine. They seem to be making good"relative approximations" with their Fender and Marshall offerings.

ha! Yet I still can't get to 5K subs on YouTube! LOL!

Agreed, you'll not see partnerships most likely outside of the BAD circle of friends, which is fine. They seem to be making good"relative approximations" with their Fender and Marshall offerings.

Woo slow down fella, youtube elite is reserved for people who can do a stupid dance, say OMG and LIKE every 4th word, and who are non gender specific and offering make up tutorials. When you get there, we'll talk.

So these images are finally in the wild. I have known about the IIC+ for a good while now, but the Herbert is also leaked. There's 2 more coming that I know of as well.

FWceOEg.jpg

6ok7S5V.jpg

There is a video of the herbert module already up on you tube

This is killer news! I'll wait to hear that 2C+ in person before judging. From my experience so far with Synergy modules, it will be relatively accurate and sound awesome, 'nuff said. Running these modules through my VHT 2150 never ceases to amaze me. It will do justice to the Herbert tone as well.

A while back I read something about a Peavey collaboration/5150 module. Who knows, these things trickle out but at this point there is quite a variety to choose from. It's a great platform, choose your power amp wisely.

FWceOEg.jpg

6ok7S5V.jpg

I have got to try more of these modules!!!

I listened to a few demos and they sucked. This is sort of where MTS left off and where Synergy sort of carried on still suffering from the same issue. The preamp does what it does but in many cases is over gained. The power amp and rest of the amp is a huge part of the sound and Synergy just can't be everything. It's trying too hard to be that one kid who everyone likes instead of being that one kid that does that one thing well... like breakdance or win king of the hill in the winter. Breakdancing on an icy mound packed together by a snowplow though? That just isn't going to work. Blade said it best.. some mutha fuckaz always trying to ice skate uphill. That's what Synergy is facing

I listened to a few demos and they sucked. This is sort of where MTS left off and where Synergy sort of carried on still suffering from the same issue. The preamp does what it does but in many cases is over gained. The power amp and rest of the amp is a huge part of the sound and Synergy just can't be everything. It's trying too hard to be that one kid who everyone likes instead of being that one kid that does that one thing well... like breakdance or win king of the hill in the winter. Breakdancing on an icy mound packed together by a snowplow though? That just isn't going to work. Blade said it best.. some mutha fuckaz always trying to ice skate uphill. That's what Synergy is facing
I dunno man, for me, I don't really care if it's "spot on", of course I am also not foolish enough to believe they could be. It's like modelers and profilers. Does it sound GOOD? If so, cool. It's a tool.

Do I think I now own a Herbert or Uber, fuck no. Some of the modules I have tried were straight boo boo. The ones I have kept are fun as shit.

I dunno man, for me, I don't really care if it's "spot on", of course I am also not foolish enough to believe they could be. It's like modelers and profilers. Does it sound GOOD? If so, cool. It's a tool.

Do I think I now own a Herbert or Uber, fuck no. Some of the modules I have tried were straight boo boo. The ones I have kept are fun as shit.

Agreed, some are really really good. All depends on expectation and reality. Where they intersect. The Marshall stuff is usually very good. Fender stuff pretty good. Friedman stuff too. But some of the higher gain designs are trickier so will be hit / miss. Vox missing a little bit too.

I find that I get different results than most with the Synergy modules, and don't really dial them in like a lot of the YouTube players do. I've had excellent results with the SLO, Powerball (red channel) and VH4, and I go for high gain 80s rock and metal tones. They are absolutely delivering it. But I honestly have no idea how accurate they are. I just know that they sound and feel awesome through my Fryette 2502.

That being said, I'm not really feeling the Herbert. I think I'm going to skip it. I get the impression it's intended for the brootz?

I find that I get different results than most with the Synergy modules, and don't really dial them in like a lot of the YouTube players do. I've had excellent results with the SLO, Powerball (red channel) and VH4, and I go for high gain 80s rock and metal tones. They are absolutely delivering it. But I honestly have no idea how accurate they are. I just know that they sound and feel awesome through my Fryette 2502.

That being said, I'm not really feeling the Herbert. I think I'm going to skip it. I get the impression it's intended for the brootz?
See I don't think it's at all intended for brootz unless you boost it. Seems very round and 90's rock to me. I know a lot of Death Metal guys like it but they are boosting it as well.

Well a 2c+ if remotely close, could be used into a Marshall power section for that Metallica sound everyone chases
Yeah man I hope through the PS100 with 6550's it gives a good thrash tone.

I'm actually wondering what kind of fun I can have with the graphic EQ on the IICP...like, one of the sliders is 750hz...I'm wondering what kind of Tom Scholz-y fun could be had with that...

Back