New Synergy Modules! We can finally talk about them! 2C+!!!

I don't think a Trainwreck is realistic. The Synergy stuff excels at delivering tone that is primarily generated at the preamp stage and as I understand it what makes a Trainwreck magical doesn't come from the preamp section alone.
Yeah, this.

Recto preamp is the same as an SLO. My guess is Sound City and maybe another Vox-type.
I've often read this, but I've never thought that the SLO was the Recto tone. More of a Marshall flavor. Recto tone is the most Brutal metal tone of all time, SLO seems smooth in comparison.

For a fraction of the the Synergy stuff, I have the tone I need, C+++, and another + if needed with my Boogie Quad preamp and various seriously incredible matching power amps. The other half my equation is a Marshall stack. When I run them together in conjunction with the Mimiq, it is not too bad.

There is something about new amps the give my ears fatigue after a few hours.

My guess is a Shiva and maybe something Marshally like a Jubilee. Or maybe a Friedman JJ? But I'm betting on the Shiva.

My guess is a Shiva and maybe something Marshally like a Jubilee. Or maybe a Friedman JJ? But I'm betting on the Shiva.

Oooh, good call on the Jube. I might have to keep my eye out for a used Egnater M4. I wish they'd do a SYN-4, but that's probably of limited usefulness to people, especially when you can (kinda) link SYN-2s.

Freidman Twin Sister would be my guess

Doesn't make much sense because you already have the DS and two sides of it. That's sort of the deal with the twin sister. Maybe the other side is more gained and you have a few more gain switch options but that would be redundant. What Friedman should do is do a SS or small box. Something more raw compared to his more refined smoother/compressed line. Or the JEL which I can see being a slightly tweaked version of the already 800 and allows them to get running quick without too much time on R & D.

I've often read this, but I've never thought that the SLO was the Recto tone. More of a Marshall flavor. Recto tone is the most Brutal metal tone of all time, SLO seems smooth in comparison.

For a fraction of the the Synergy stuff, I have the tone I need, C+++, and another + if needed with my Boogie Quad preamp and various seriously incredible matching power amps. The other half my equation is a Marshall stack. When I run them together in conjunction with the Mimiq, it is not too bad.

This is where it's all subjective. I don't think a recto is even close to the most brutal metal tone of all time. I think a 5150, Engl Powerball, Revv Generator and about 20 other Amps can get way more brutal sounding than a recto. But my definition of brutal could be totally different than yours.

Don’t listen to that absolute and complete horseshit about a Rectos preamps vs an SLO preamp. My god if this isn’t the most worn out stupidest amp forum folklore garbage I’ve heard lately. They sound NOTHING ALIKE. PERIOD. I couldn’t sell my SLO fast enough. I’ll never sell my rev F. Ever. they are literally nothing alike, other than that they both sound “American” compared to British. I can always tell who has literally never had either of these amps in the room together or under a mic together when I read this garbage.

I tried but never got along with any Mesa/Boogie amp. I like it when other people play them, but not when it's me playing.

I get along great with my SLO synergy module, which granted isn't a real SLO, but is voiced like one. And from memory the module sounds like it's voiced similarly to Soldano's Hot Rod 5.

So yeah, I don't think SLO's and Recto's are remotely similar in voicing.

Don’t listen to that absolute and complete horseshit about a Rectos preamps vs an SLO preamp. My god if this isn’t the most worn out stupidest amp forum folklore garbage I’ve heard lately. They sound NOTHING ALIKE. PERIOD. I couldn’t sell my SLO fast enough. I’ll never sell my rev F. Ever. they are literally nothing alike, other than that they both sound “American” compared to British. I can always tell who has literally never had either of these amps in the room together or under a mic together when I read this garbage.
The early rectos are 2 component changes away from an Slo
The biggest difference is the Recto has no Negetive feedback the SLO does
Put the feedback in change the 2 components and voila its a soldano
On the surface they sound nothing alike but to a builder the circuit copy is easily identified

The power sections make a lot of difference in these 2, while the preamp sections are similar but the style of the power sections are differnt. One is very hifi with very little sag (running at higher plate voltage too) and the other one is much saggier/spongier.

Which is why it doesn't make much sense for Synergy to make both preamps.

Back