Newer Shiva FX loop problem

vai81

Hi Folks,

Since selling the 101B, I've been missing the Bogner sound and managed to get my hands on a newer green chassis Bogner Shiva. Love the tones of this amp!!

There are some problems however and that is when the FX loop is being used, there is a volume drop. I'm running pedals for my modulation and have made sure to use the Send Pedal jack. I've also tried to remove the pedals and popped only a patch cable in the loop with the problems still exist which leads me to think the actual loop being the problem and not my signal chain. I've swapped out V4 and V5 to see if tubes are the problem and the issue still remains.

Oh and I've tried contact cleaner on the FX jacks too.

When there is nothing connected to the loop, there is a considerable jump in volume.

Any other thoughts before I take it to a tech?

Thanks!

xdbWGUg2hXmuUBOMuX92YEuJPXu7R5474HU-z0ryd7cvfsNCbNZAwi85zyidR1PAvhZR5DvBH26KSaqVjvi2nY5NCOBhH8ms-DkxTCOsG79esOcP1QyzgXF_xPM62B3v_Yj0uqZYEW6A2ZTBs2YtWO6jin1PSpa0JNSCMNcxmZyOHJpqrt2r53Ubm-pG8Tal1pkbXPbazkss1t1ioTzE_bN1ETzrhjk3QHLrm5mrqOe59mrRuMStiu_j63KbIZRItQHckmVq5bnBgmCtaoAPCKGr-MVuYDVUOdOUAPqCuIurIBwUcpGNAFE05fE4qFZ3HjQWfRN4kRMPSGpoCFmYgGpTtk-9yiUJmTG9cGE9fAUbOWFSm-LbUEUHRV-gpTaBpihXihePXiFO87TJCh-PEj6rjIqWAA21zwY3tUwR9WSXqZrIVir51fN_aK7uxbMNpu6qj844iSvn_QTsKq52ue1gLwRxB6nK__A0WDJRp-y5dyUGDUyOLRjFyGI0z2qxg5MoK_2k79MqM66nfAOYtVFMqI3mwKTNdzAcHyTSgfYzAetK8PKo-HeEWk3rU7yDRh90xa7x_EPaEv5sfLzIVkIhPf36pes=w547-h536-no

Most Bogner loops need line level effects to really run properly. You'll have to keep the channel volumes really low to work with pedals, and I ALWAYS had some tone degrade no matter which standard pedals I used.
Did you max out the send knob on the fx to see if you can balance the levels when you engage/disengage the loop.
I'm in the process of selling all my analog pedals, and went to line level gear and get fantastic results.
My eventide time factor is the shit!!

Back