NGD….

Y’all are giving me explorer gas. Never even played one yet alone owned one
I had no intention of playing, much less buying one, when I got mine.
Took an Ibanez Prestige RG to GC to possibly trade towards an amp. The amp was meh. Saw the Explorer and thought why not. Shot it out with the RG. Played and sounded better.
Loved it. Still do. It's tight, fast, sounds good doing just about anything. The tone is bigger and thicker than an SG, like an LP, but not as bright.

Last edited:
Looks super cool. Floyd too! Congrats!

Is there neck dive? Where is the upper strap button? On the back where the neck joins or on the edge/side?

I was the same. Now it feels different. Because of that upper wing it throws my hand placement off. It’s almost like the bridge is way up the neck.
Took me a while to get used to the Explorer position while sitting. It has to be one of the most comfortable couch guitars once you're used to it.

I got lucky on this one guys. It is pure win all the way around…and she is a beauty to look at. It says made in Korea but it is equal to any Japanese or American production guitar out there. It’s a keeper. And the dimarzio super clears are just that. And I think they are a bit higher output than I thought. Sound phenomenal when split. Crazy guitar. Okay I will stop now. Thanks again Alund! To be honest I wouldn’t mind having a couple more of those guitars from that dudes estate. He knew his shit.

Back