NGD….

Oh, maaaaan. A black Explorer with a Floyd. YES! Congrats on the guitar bro! Is it loaded with those rare DiMarzio SCHB pickups? I think those covers only came on those pickups.
Interesting observation and knowledge. There is a Yamaha SG700 in this group with the same pickups. Remember this guy was somewhat of a luthier. He has about 20 pickups and all sorts of hardware that I have not fooled with yet.

Attachments

• CEDC5589-8B7C-4D3B-A4FD-D48AD9B42EC8.jpeg
    CEDC5589-8B7C-4D3B-A4FD-D48AD9B42EC8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 8950C77F-30B5-4E3B-89C4-638827E3AC09.jpeg
    8950C77F-30B5-4E3B-89C4-638827E3AC09.jpeg
    802.3 KB · Views: 24
I was thinking the same thing…lol…fuck I’m broke now…had two TV’s take a shit within two weeks of each other.
I used to own a Yamaha SBG500 when i was 14-15 years old... stupid ass sold it. probably one of the best playing guitars i ever owned but it didnt fit the "looks" category at the time. in 1984 guitar colors were getting real. I sent @headlessdeadguy a PM but the price is on the original list 600 plus shipping. I have a lot more pics.

Okay this guitar is just nasty as fuck. I strung it up with elixir steel.10’s…. This thing just rings out acoustically. I only had to level the Floyd because I tuned to c# standard. Intonation is spot on. Action is low and soft…like walking on boobies soft….this is a very nice guitar. Not used to the body shape but damn….very impressive fiddle. Curious about these dimarzio pups. Hand wound by Larry himself apparently. Thanks Alund!!!! This was an epic hookup….

They’re like driving a boat. I sold mine mainly due to that since my jam room has a huge stripper pole in the middle. It was a tone machine. Other than that I love the way they look, sound, and play.

That guitar is a beauty! HNGD!
I understand that. It's different for sure. Never even held an explorer before.

They’re like driving a boat. I sold mine mainly due to that since my jam room has a huge stripper pole in the middle. It was a tone machine. Other than that I love the way they look, sound, and play.

That guitar is a beauty! HNGD!
I felt the same way about my Gibson V.........................:LOL:

Nice explorer JBT.......it looks great, I hope it plays well for ya!

I felt the same way about my Gibson V.........................:LOL:

Nice explorer JBT.......it looks great, I hope it plays well for ya!
Yeah I sold my RR5 for same reason. That guitar was in primo condition…except for that long horn. I prob shouldn’t have sold either.

Back