NGD - a Project I've been thinking about for YEARS...

Chris O

Here's a little project I've been thinking about for YEARS, finally a REALITY!!

Body by Mitch Yenney @ KNE Guitars - "The Warren" in alder
Paint & graphic by Robb Foran @ XXX Guitarworks - he did a great job!
MIJ Charvel San Dimas neck, stock, came loaded - nut, string bar, and Grover tuners
Schaller Floyd Rose
Duncan JB pickup w/Bourns low-friction pot

This project was a lot of fun to piece together! I bought the parts over the past 3-4 months, and then bought the body from KNE, and had XXX Guitarworks paint it. The body arrived yesterday, so I spent the morning assembling and wiring. The final result was AWESOME! Everything went together with no drama. It plays and sounds as good as my custom shop WDM Charvels! I think I actually prefer the JB to the RTM - a bit less compressed, and with a slightly less dark sound.

I'll need to do a 'family picture' with the rest of the rodents, but was too excited to wait!!

Pics:

That is simply awesome. I've been on a bit of a Warren D. kick lately. As a matter of fact, I was working on learning "Way Cool Jr" today!

great job man. love it!

Ed

Thanks for the kind words, guys! It was definitely a fun project - and I'm really happy with how the paint came out, especially considering what he charged me. I was ready to get a Charvel CS one until they had to pull the plug on that graphic because of the copyright.

I'm still blown away by how well it came together and how it plays. These MIJ necks are just the BOMB when it comes to the Charvel San Dimas/SoCals - they feel 'just right'.

Back