NGD Charvel MJ DK24 Mahogany

This arrived a couple days ago.The new Charvel Made In Japan series. These are not supposed to be available in the US until May 2021, but I got lucky and found a store that said they had the only 1 in the US and they only had it for a demo. So after they recorded their demo, I bought it.

Full Name: Charvel MJ DK24 HSH 2PT E Mahogany with Figured Walnut
Mahogany body with figured walnut top
Wenge Neck with streaky ebony fretboard
Satin finish
Seymour Duncan Full Shred (B) Flat Strat (M) and Alnico II Pro (N)
Gotoh 510 Trem

Plays and feels great. Needed a setup and small neck adjustment, but after that, it feels awesome. Seems like all these Charvel come with the same pickup configuration. It is good, but knowing myself, I will probably swap them out for something else.

Pics below, but they don't do it justice. In person, it looks rich and leathery and very high-end.
View attachment 70032
View attachment 70035View attachment 70038View attachment 70041View attachment 70044

that jackson misha made in japan model also looks cool!

bare knuckle pickups very cool

https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/new-jackson-mj-series-signature-misha-mansoor-so-cal

whats that full shred like? similar to anything in tone/feel/tightness, etc. thanks!

I’d say it’s a good rock to metal pickup. It has a treble spike which gives it an edge. Definitely tight. It’s not high power but it’s enough. I’d compare it to something like a lower powered BKP Painkiller or something like that. It’s good, has a little wah vowel sound to it in this guitar.

This arrived a couple days ago.The new Charvel Made In Japan series. These are not supposed to be available in the US until May 2021, but I got lucky and found a store that said they had the only 1 in the US and they only had it for a demo. So after they recorded their demo, I bought it.

Full Name: Charvel MJ DK24 HSH 2PT E Mahogany with Figured Walnut
Mahogany body with figured walnut top
Wenge Neck with streaky ebony fretboard
Satin finish
Seymour Duncan Full Shred (B) Flat Strat (M) and Alnico II Pro (N)
Gotoh 510 Trem

Plays and feels great. Needed a setup and small neck adjustment, but after that, it feels awesome. Seems like all these Charvel come with the same pickup configuration. It is good, but knowing myself, I will probably swap them out for something else.

Pics below, but they don't do it justice. In person, it looks rich and leathery and very high-end.
View attachment 70032
View attachment 70035View attachment 70038View attachment 70041View attachment 70044
That is a really great looking guitar!! Keep coming back to look at it!!

Man, this thing ticks all the boxes for me except SS frets. Why didn't they opt for 'em, I wonder? I don't see that it's an order option or variant or whatever.

The prohibitive cost of replacing them after-the-fact destroys the value at $2400 in the first place. Hmm...

Quick update. I bought some Tom Anderson pickups and installed today. H3 in the bridge and H1 in the neck. Man it sounds nice, perfect.
The guitar had a little wah like vowel sound. Most times I like that sound, but it was really exaggerated. I tried a BKP Painkiller (B) and Dimarzio Humbucker From Hell (N) and it sounded good but still an exaggerated cocked wah sound. The Tom Andersons remedied that and just sounds amazing. It's all set now.

Back