NGD!! Finally a 24fret strat with a Floyd

veji

My 4th Anderson. Always wanted a strat with 24frets and a floyd. This is as close as it gets.

Huge thanks to Tom and everyone at Anderson Guitarworks!
20210928_151652.jpg
20210928_150924.jpg
20210928_160227.jpg

I like your guitar, but I would have installed a Floyd Rose bridge with fine tuners & locking nut and had a H/S/H pickup configuration on that pickguard, if it was my custom order. Congratulations on your new guitar, mang!

Guitar George

I like your guitar, but I would have installed a Floyd Rose bridge with fine tuners & locking nut and had a H/S/H pickup configuration on that pickguard, if it was my custom order. Congratulations on your new guitar, mang!

Guitar George
I block the floyd and it allows me to do drop tuning freely with out the need to mess with locking nut. My other guitars do have the locking nut and fine tuners and i can vouch that the baby floyd tuning stability is just as good. Its perfect for me.

Man I dig the Baby Floyd. Especially in your scenario. I may do the same on the V I’m building myself.

Guitars look killer! Never played an Anderson.

Never heard of a Baby Floyd Rose. Seems weird to me. If not a locking Floyd I think the Wilkinson/Gotoh is the route I would have taken if it were my build. Congratulations on your new fiddle though. Anderson builds are as good as it gets. That double humbucker Anderson you have is absolutely gorgeous. Is that Koa? Put a locking Floyd on there and it's game over for me. Someday I may have to order one just like that.

Last edited:
Never heard of a Baby Floyd Rose. Seems weird to me. If not a locking Floyd I think the Wilkinson/Gotoh is the route I would have taken if it were my build. Congratulations on your new fiddle though. Anderson builds are as good as it gets. That double humbucker Anderson you have is absolutely gorgeous. Is that Koa? Put a locking Floyd on there and it's game over for me. Someday I may have to order one just like that.
I am no stranger to floyd rose with locking nut and fine tuners (have 3x of em).. had them and enjoyed them but over the years i find myself not using the bar that much but still prefer the look, sound and feel of floyd bridges. The baby floyd is perfect. I can tune down to drop d if i need to because the floyd is blocked. Yup the other one is koa.View attachment 90848
received_363270028056569.jpeg

Last edited:
I just dont understand why not go hardtail in that situation if you are just locking down? Never saw the baby floyd. But nice looking guitars!

Awesome! I am going to get an Anderson some day and debating on the Baby Floyd or just traditional trem. I'm not a huge trem users, but I like some type of trem, and usually prefer them floating. I have a couple of Floyd guitars so may go with the tradition or Baby Floyd.

I am no stranger to floyd rose with locking nut and fine tuners (have 3x of em).. had them and enjoyed them but over the years i find myself not using the bar that much but still prefer the look, sound and feel of floyd bridges. The baby floyd is perfect. I can tune down to drop d if i need to because the floyd is blocked. Yup the other one is koa.View attachment 90848View attachment 90860
I'll do some research on the Baby Floyd. I just never knew about it. All my guitars have locking Floyd Rose except my Les Paul of course so I'm definitely a fan. That Koa looks like perfection to me. Cheers man.

Back