NGD...I call it the...

ratter

Hmm...hang on. I like to give working titles to projects. Makes them more interesting to me. But before I get to that, gotta start at the beginning.

This is kinda like when you run out of food and so you make dinner from some old cheerios, leftover chinese food, and a can of tomato paste from the waaay back of the cupboard. OK, not exactly like that. But it's a "use it up" kind of project.

First the star of the show, a nice piece of flamey maple...

100_1111.jpg

Add an Indian Rosewood board and a pinch of swamp ash...

100_1117.jpg

Earplugs, safety glasses...

100_1126.jpg

Sand, sand, sand, and sand some more...

IMG_1305.jpg

Reach into the drawer for a chopped bridge, a Motor City Blisster, a 500k pot and a knob from an old Tube Screamer. Oh, and some Schaller Minis. Doesn't really work without those. Oil, wax, rinse, repeat.

And voila, you have a ...

Shitkicker

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

Awesome! You're making me want to learn guitar building with all these threads. I've also got the sudden desire to drive a tractor.

Bob Savage":1nupxxpx said:
Awesome! You're making me want to learn guitar building with all these threads. I've also got the sudden desire to drive a tractor.

As long as you don't try and do them both at the same time...

Great build thread man! I really like the contours, nice blend of familiar and new, still classy the whole way through. Excellent! Any particular manufacturer that you pattern your neck contours after?

grooveHT":jrj5w3qj said:
Great build thread man! I really like the contours, nice blend of familiar and new, still classy the whole way through. Excellent! Any particular manufacturer that you pattern your neck contours after?

Thank you for noticing the shape! That's my own body contour that I've been working on for about two years now...

My personal gold standard for necks is my EBMM EVH. Haven't topped it yet. But I'll keep trying.

This one is a medium C...about .80-.85" 1st to 12th....

D-Nastee11":jrj5w3qj said:
How much to make me a Lefty??? :D

Ask me again in a few months... :thumbsup:

I'm a lefty at everything else...not sure how I ended up playing righty...

Back