NGD...I call it the...

No problem! Standing on it's strap button, it looks like it was modeled on a woman's back, which explains the nice curves :D

Also, love the cutout for truss rod access. Like your implementation, also EBMM's wheel there. With those kind of solutions out there, no excuse to have to take the neck off to tweak the action, you know?

grooveHT":3d17mm8k said:
No problem! Standing on it's strap button, it looks like it was modeled on a woman's back, which explains the nice curves :D

Also, love the cutout for truss rod access. Like your implementation, also EBMM's wheel there. With those kind of solutions out there, no excuse to have to take the neck off to tweak the action, you know?

Yeah I'm a big fan of the easy truss access. This build is getting a spoke wheel a la EBMM. That is, if I ever get the body back from the painter... :gethim:

The one in this thread uses a short allen wrench under the fretboard overhang a la Suhr.

The wheel is nice because you don't even need a proper wrench. The Suhr method is nice because it's hidden from view somewhat, if there's a fretboard overhang.

I think I prefer the wheel by a slim margin. The design I started with was like an EBMM....22 frets out to a square neck end, with no overhanging fretboard. I went away from that to a standard strat/tele style heel. I think I may go back...just like there's not much excuse to take a neck off to adjust the truss, there's not much excuse to have a big honkin' neck heel block back there either...

Now I just need you to work up a Silhouette body style and neck carve and we're in cahoots :D I have a Silo 20th anniversary and a Silo special that pretty much kick everything else I have's ass; I'd love to get something with that playability, but in more permutations than EBMM offers, you know?

Back