NGD JC Wino 😮

acidvoodoo

Saw glpg80’s NGD this morning and figured I’d share mine.

HBD to me! I can’t believe I bought this thing! Came across it about a week and a half ago as I was getting ready to go on vacation and things just lined up. I was able to put a hold on it, make a pit stop on our drive and play it before pulling the trigger. Now I’ve got to unload some stuff to help pay for it lol.

It’s a heavy beast, sounds/feels/looks awesome and the piezo bridge is a really cool feature. Surprisingly it’s pretty bright sounding for an LP Custom.

I’ve been a huge AIC fanboy since the mid 90’s and you only live once!

(don’t worry the guitar is resting on foam)
C82D881E-324F-48AA-BCC4-0D80F08B5E7C.jpeg

4F3ABDFE-AE56-4B68-B50F-51E8B8E314D9.jpeg

AF1C5A9D-0310-4210-879E-5E1432752E02.jpeg

138C4452-7508-41FB-A05A-725088568138.jpeg

That is sexy as shit. I am (was) not a huge wine fan, but started to turn after watching a amp demo video that had the Epiphone Cantrell model. And now looking at this one I may be turned. The grain on that is really nice. I like the nitro checking too. Never felt one, do you feel those check marks?

So is that the Cantrell signature model?

The frets are the skinny tall, the maple top is bookmatched instead of cut to one side, and the Gibson logo has the dotted i. I’m going to guess 1980?

That wood figure underneath the red top combined with the natural checkering is beautiful !

Beautiful guitar and the fretboard looks properly healthy! I’m hoping mine will come back to life and look similar.

Congrats man they’re one of a kind! RT JC bros :rock:

That is sexy as shit. I am (was) not a huge wine fan, but started to turn after watching a amp demo video that had the Epiphone Cantrell model. And now looking at this one I may be turned. The grain on that is really nice. I like the nitro checking too. Never felt one, do you feel those check marks?

So is that the Cantrell signature model?
Thanks man. Yeah you can feel the checking, it def makes it feel older and broken in. The back has some killer swirly grain.

BA853BB3-5CDB-4419-A6A9-673357542225.jpeg

The frets are the skinny tall, the maple top is bookmatched instead of cut to one side, and the Gibson logo has the dotted i. I’m going to guess 1980?

That wood figure underneath the red top combined with the natural checkering is beautiful !

Beautiful guitar and the fretboard looks properly healthy! I’m hoping mine will come back to life and look similar.

Congrats man they’re one of a kind! RT JC bros :rock:
Close, it’s suppose to be a replica of his 90’s custom!

Back